Who Got Out This Holiday Weekend?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I've been away on tour or in the USA almost since the Nationals last year, so it felt like a first love taking the '73 Stingray out this weekend ( even though it was lightly raining on my return! )

It was such a rush! πŸ€˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Who else got their Corvette out over this long holiday weekend?

1000029349.jpg

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
I've been away on tour or in the USA almost since the Nationals last year, so it felt like a first love taking the '73 Stingray out this weekend ( even though it was lightly raining on my return! )

It was such a rush! πŸ€˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Who else got their Corvette out over this long holiday weekend?

View attachment 25779
Yes although it did rain a bit

Attachments

• PXL_20240331_103450365.jpg
    PXL_20240331_103450365.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 7

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Can't afford to move sarf

To be fair, Saturday was sunny all day and it's glorious right now but the roads are still filthy specially in our rural setting. I'd got my teeth into closing up the last elevation of external cladding on the garage which I just got finished on ready for when we can get out soon

mickn

CCCUK Member
Been an interesting weekend in (mainly) sunny Southampton. Retired from work on Thursday, golf on Friday afternoon with my youngest, retirement celebration meal with the family on Sunday after a blast in the C7 and a meeting with the local classic car club, out in the C7 again today, followed by a shorter run in the C2 and a good clean (the C2 not me!)

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Been an interesting weekend in (mainly) sunny Southampton. Retired from work on Thursday, golf on Friday afternoon with my youngest, retirement celebration meal with the family on Sunday after a blast in the C7 and a meeting with the local classic car club, out in the C7 again today, followed by a shorter run in the C2 and a good clean (the C2 not me!)
Congratulations on your retirement. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Rich

Administrator
It's a waterproof cover and I'll check the make tomorrow. The room is WIP more to do yet
On the subject of your garage,when can you come "sarf" to collect the bits I have for you. You don't have to stay long in the warm, dry, sunny climate.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
On the subject of your garage,when can you come "sarf" to collect the bits I have for you. You don't have to stay long in the warm, dry, sunny climate.
Ahh yes forgot about those. I have to visit a project in Portsmouth soon

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Sadly did not get out in the Corvette over the weekend. I was away Sat & Sun, and the rest of the time it was peeing it down. Saturday was the only nice-ish day down here.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Lovely vette room stuartπŸ˜πŸ‘ what cover is that on the C3? Looking for a super lightweight β€œreveal” type dust cover. πŸ‘
It's a Weather Shield by Covercraft part No. F5A17-37-05 Pretty sure I bought it from Ecklers but they don't list it anymore.

It has the antenna hole and a reinforced hole both sides about the back edge of the door position and a length of steel wire to secure it under the car.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It's a Weather Shield by Covercraft part No. F5A17-37-05 Pretty sure I bought it from Ecklers but they don't list it anymore.

It has the antenna hole and a reinforced hole both sides about the back edge of the door position and a length of steel wire to secure it under the car.

Thanks for that info stuart , I will have a bit of a google πŸ‘