who is best at C5 tuning in the UK?

clive f

Busy user
Ive done a few things on my `98 C5 and would now like to get the engine tuning checked, and a few error codes either removed or disabled after reading that guys in the states can get these done at local tuning shops, appreciate some codes are there to stay regardless.

So the car have long tube headers, and as such have removed the AIR pipe and removed the fuse, this apparently can be tuned out, also things like tyre pressure sensors can go, steering lock, pull key wait 10 secs just drives me mad! I do have a tech 2, not that familiar with it yet, have bled the brakes and abs system just fine but my 5 yr old probably much more able to work it than me!

Ideally this needs to be someone with a rolling road to enable tuning in all conditions, plus Id like to see what the old girl is still putting out to.

so who is most experienced in the art of LS1 tuning and checking /removing codes? preferably in the south if possible.

robbiew

CCCUK Member
If the vette was originally P11 VET, then it has an lmc5 unlocker in the bcm, but on early cars it sometimes doesnt completely fix it.

you cannot tune out the tpms sensors on pre 2001 cars

Stingray

CCCUK Member
That, "Pull key and wait 10 seconds" is a sign of trouble ahead. You might as well get on and order a column lock bypass a.s.a.p....

As regards TPMS, watch out for correct Euro frequency.

clive f

Busy user
the column lock bypass was done by dealer fro previous owner many years ago, its just the pull key message I need to get rid of if possible.
yes the car used to be registered P11 VET and I saw that the mod was done by a previous owner in the history, do you know the car? trying to suss out an alarm system a previous owner fitted as well.

Top cats I`m aware of, being ex TVR owner for many years, however a bit of a distance for me, and as far as I`m aware don`t have a dyno so not easy to map properly by doing a few quick road sessions.

craigyboy

CCCUK Member
TPMS and steering lock can;t be tuned out.. This would need to be done by tech tune.
You can do remote tunes www.blackbearperformance.com and you buy an EFILIVE unit that datalogs the car and you email the log files and they do a custom tune to the car. Justin did my C5 and C6 and knows his stuff

robbiew

CCCUK Member
Yes i used to own P11 VET, the owner before me ( Manu) had the alarm fitted, i installed the lmc5 unlocker, but never seemed to be a complete fix

clive f

Busy user
just to give an update on the thread, I found Paul at Wortec not far from me over near Chichester, turns out he is one of the top tuning guys for all this LS in the uk, he does al the tuning for the LS powered Ultimas before they leave the factory, and is well respected at GM. British Design and Innovation for a Worldwide Performance Car Market
so with new longtube headers from Speed Engineering and a good tune on what was still the basic standard map the car is now putting out 420bhp and 455 ft lbs torque @ flywheel, very happy with drivability, throttle response is now so much quicker.

Attachments

• 2020 dyno run.pdf
    28.9 KB · Views: 16