Who's your C6 Insured with?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
It's that time again and it looks like big hike by the companies this year, so time to shop around....:unsure:
Who is your UK based C6 with?

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
No - my C6 was imported from the States; no headlamp washers. Side marker lights (front) have been installed in the fog-light assembly.
The lighting mods were done for Peter Truchan at American Dreams (the importer from whom I purchased the car) by someone in Gloucester.
Not the most sophisticated job, I gather, but the lights are functional and have always passed the annual MOT test.
I may shop around for insurance when the renewal notice comes in (pretty soon, as it happens) - currently paying about £490p.a. with a 5,000 mile limit (which I never reach).
J.C. (1911)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
No - my C6 was imported from the States;
Sorry Jack, I was referring to GCorvette's car which has the headlight washers as you can see in his profile photo. When I renewed my 2007 UK/Euro spec C6 in Feb 2019, just before selling it, on my Admiral multi-car policy the premium was £256. That's for old fart, garaged, safe postcode, 7 years "protected" NCB, 4k miles per annum, no European use. Have since moved on to LV who seem quite late model Vette friendly at moment. Not sure if they are less friendly on US grey import cars. Cheers/Peter

Last edited:

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
No prob, Chevrolet.
Another 'vette guy has recommended LV, so I'll try them for a quote (altho' I would still want Euro cover incl.)
J.C. (1911)

ClassicLineInsurance

Supporting vendor
Do give us a call and we would be more than happy to look at a quote for you. The office number is 01455 639 000 and please mention you are a CCCUK member. Many thanks, ClassicLine.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Thanks you to those that replied.
I was very disappointed with my renewal quote, a 30% increase and after shopping around everyone came in under their price.
Not what I expected for my loyalty.

In the end I was very pleased with ClassicLine who were very helpful and competitive, but they were beaten by A Plan who undercut my current insurer by a whopping 45%!
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Simonl

Regular user
I insure mine through Brentacre, policy is with Markerstudy, with agreed replacement value, really good been with them for years