Windscreen pillar seals

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi All, the big foam , door glass seals down the edge of the windscreen pillars, has anyone replaced these recently? Just wondered how hard or soft they are when new? Mine seem very solid and I wondered if there is a product that I can apply liberally to soak in and soften them up. 👍TiA

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've got a new set of all seals for my 68. Slowly replacing them when I have time. The windscreen pillar seals currently on my car I suspect might be new-ish as they feel similar to the new set I have. The rear "B" (?) pillar seals and t-top seals on mine were hard, so I replaced them and the new ones are definitely softer. I'm gonna do my whole door seals at some point. They aren't that bad, but figured I may as well as I have the parts.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
They’re need to be quite firm as they retain the front edge of the glass. It should slot into the hollow as you close the door not force it’s way past the lip.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
They’re need to be quite firm as they retain the front edge of the glass. It should slot into the hollow as you close the door not force it’s way past the lip.
Thank you , I didnt know how hard they were supposed to be. I can actually compress them abit so they are not solid. I massaged a bit of leather cream into them which made them feel a bit better. They had a good test as the seventy two got caught out in the rain this eve! No leaks either . 😱🥵🤬. Nice to see that my wipers work too. 🤣👍all washed and dry again now , off to apply some chemical guys banana carnauba now and will buff off before work tomorrow. . 👍