World's Record - Longest in Tuning a custom C6 that is all Electric Drive

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Sheesh, glad I did not hold my breath getting this C6 Corvette converted to an all electric driven tune completed !

2 guys not local to me contacted me six years ago in their beginning of yanking out the gas engine and designing a custom
all electric driven system designed
They would work on this for a while, then would be some months before they would contact me again, and I had to do a very odd and custom tune so
that all the normal controllers for a C6 would still function along with the stock auto tranny
I had to do a lot of lying and sneaky tuning changes to make all this work

Congrats to them and can tell they are very proud of their design and sticking with it to make it a real electric Corvette !

Here is a short video of the guys doing the first startups

This beats back around 2003 a company designing a new function for helicopter's way of flying, put a C5 LS1 engine into it
and needed a very odd tune to PCM to make it work
Due to not wanting to trust my laptops and tuning tools on an airline flight I drive none stop from Silicon Valley in Ca to southern part of Florida
Unknown to me was this copter was outside in 100 degree weather :-(
and was the oddest tune yet as the copter was tied to the ground and I would have to fit in back where all kinds of wires were all over the place and the pilot would drive it as if in the air while tons of noise and vibrations
I had to find using OBD2 scanner lots of mistakes they made in installing all this and then come up with an odd tune, so the engine worked right during real flights.

A bit easier was a place where people went to go snow skying
The owner of that business wanted to convert GMC SUVs to replace all 4 wheels with tracks like a tank,
so they could drive up hills in heavy snow so I had to do odd tuning for the engine and auto tranny

Last edited: