Would You spend $30K for this 1963 Corvette ?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It reminds me of a large scale model plane I saw some years ago flying at an event at Cosford Airfield . It had a fully functioning radial engine that the guy had built , it looked and sounded awswsome !

Roscobbc

Yeah some of the stuff you see in the model aircraft work is really amazing.
RC plane world has become really hi-tech and correspondingly expensive. Radial 4 stroke engines are available in capacities up to 400cc - gas turbine engines are available although FPV seems only to be with drone flying.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
RC plane world has become really hi-tech and correspondingly expensive. Radial 4 stroke engines are available in capacities up to 400cc - gas turbine engines are available although FPV seems only to be with drone flying.
The show that I saw the radial engine RC model had many amazing others there too . There were two big Flying Fortress`s that had rotating gun turrets , working retractable undercarriage , all 4 engines powered and operating navigation and landing lights . They were used for some of the aerial formation flying filming for the Memphis Belle movie . When they did a wing tip to wing tip low level pass over the airfield they really looked the real deal . I almost expected to be hit by blanket bombing !

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Certainly has. I've still got my old RC biplane (about 25 years old now) in the garage complete with its old "40" single cylinder two stroke engine in it. Don't have the "radio" part of it any more though. Still got my model "Torpedo Patrol Boat" in there too, which is complete with electric motor and all "radio" gear. Again, not been used in about 20 years though.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Oooh ! Wanna see pics of the RC Torpedo Boat please . I love model boats although haven`t had one for many years .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Oooh ! Wanna see pics of the RC Torpedo Boat please . I love model boats although haven`t had one for many years .
Hmmm... I wonder which will be easily - digging the RC boat out of the garage loft and photoing it, or finding an old photo of it? :unsure:

Roscobbc

Certainly has. I've still got my old RC biplane (about 25 years old now) in the garage complete with its old "40" single cylinder two stroke engine in it. Don't have the "radio" part of it any more though. Still got my model "Torpedo Patrol Boat" in there too, which is complete with electric motor and all "radio" gear. Again, not been used in about 20 years though.
Put rc on hold some 25 years back when funds were a bit tight when it was 35meg. Bought-in back again more recently with latest rc gear and electric plane but not flown it. Partly down to needing to get an 'A' certificate. Now we have to join CAA and put registration no. on aircraft.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Put rc on hold some 25 years back when funds were a bit tight when it was 35meg. Bought-in back again more recently with latest rc gear and electric plane but not flown it. Partly down to needing to get an 'A' certificate. Now we have to join CAA and put registration no. on aircraft.
Wow ! Sounds like you will be a genuine pilot once you are registered ! Aren`t electric planes altitude limited by how long the cable is ? 🤣

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
We need to register to fly an RC plane nowadays? :oops: Even my old one I've had for 25+ years? Not that it'll fly nowadays I doubt, as the engine hasn't turned in 25 odd years, and it has no actual "RC" gear fitted to it.

I wonder if I need a boat licence to float my RC boat? :unsure:

Next thing you'll be telling me I need a licence to drive my Corvette on the public roads! :ROFLMAO: