Wouldn't it be cheaper to make a fake split window?

Roscobbc

Small block Chevy was always the very first choice of engine and transmission (if a manual) for any hot rod build. No coincidence that Vette would have be quite likely to have a higher output engine than a shoebox.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Engine swaps for the old six pots has always been popular. We bought a el Camino with the V6, paid 100 bucks for a nice running 350 and in it went. Ran sweet.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Thanks, I belong to a diecast forum, a couple of the old timers are always finding and posting old production line photos, occasionally a few Corvette ones appear.

Roscobbc

Thanks, I belong to a diecast forum, a couple of the old timers are always finding and posting old production line photos, occasionally a few Corvette ones appear.
Off topic - but where would be best place to source new/used large scale die cast or high quality plastic model of '62 TBird coupe?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The cigar shape/ bullitt Birds in coupe form are very rarely produced by anybody. Most have always been produced in convertible form. Danbury mint did produce a 62 ( I think ) in beige in 1/24 scale, it’s one I haven’t got. It’s very rare and sort after and $$$$$. Never issued/available in the UK, so eBay.com is the place to look. Welly produced a bullitt bird coupe in 1/18 some time ago, not sure what year . The 1962 sport roadster has always been a favourite for production by the diecast companies.
Will do a bit of research and report back.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They will ship to the UK through the global shipping programme so its fully covered by eBay. Danbury mint are great models and the latest versions before they stopped diecast were works of art. I’ve got the 61 and 62 convertible versions, both excellent models. There 1965 convertible in light blue is fantastic.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A very popular conversion back in the day. It certainly looks factory if you didn’t know your corvettes. 266DD582-730E-41B5-8505-A8C956928146.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Jan and Dean. Deadman’s curve

“I flew past LaBrea, Schwab's, and Crescent Heights
And all the Jag could see were my six tail lights”

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
April 12 1966, jan Berry of the duo Jan and Dean crashed his 1966 Corvette Coupe on Whittier Blvd into a parked truck just a short distance from Deadman’s curve, which was their famous song about a race between a 63 or 64 corvette and a Jaguar XKE. The E crashed and was totalled
Miraculously he survived.
Here’s the car.
B04AA7FA-10CE-40C2-87BC-1123602E1B7A.jpeg