ZR-1 Rear tyres - where / what to find?

Last triumph

Well-known user
I'm looking at a ZR-1 and wondering where to find rear tyres should I pull the trigger.
315/35/17s don't come up in the searches other than out of date Toyo 888s adverts that are no longer in stock anywhere.
Where are you guys getting your ZR rear tyres?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Agree with Curious bystander , I have used them and found them very good . I was surprised they had 295 / 45 / 15`s in stock for the deep dish alloys on the rear my C3 and delivery was in just two days (y)

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Given up the search for a chrome bumper C3 then Last?

From a lesson I learned a couple of years back, when buying new tyres always request the DOT to avoid being palmed off with old stock.

Last triumph

Well-known user
Given up the search for a chrome bumper C3 then Last?

From a lesson I learned a couple of years back, when buying new tyres always request the DOT to avoid being palmed off with old stock.

Not given up, but am opening my options out so I don't wait forever. There are unrestored, survivor cars with matching numbers and no hit bodies out there, I'm just struggling getting to them before the locals normally beat me to them preventing me carrying out any due diligence, plus the chrome bumper cars seem to attract more flippers than scuba school. Any car not sold within 48 hours on FB or CL will have a reason that I won't buy it either.

I'm familiar with North Hants Tyres and know them well, I was more interested in what actual tyres people are buying, i.e brand, model etc.

Roscobbc

People like Summit Racing and Jegs show stock of a few brands of this size tyre (if you are prepared to try and ship over......)

Last triumph

Well-known user
People like Summit Racing and Jegs show stock of a few brands of this size tyre (if you are prepared to try and ship over......)

Yeah, looks like the M/T Sport Comp is good value and getting decent reviews from a few ZR owners over there. More than happy to import tyres.

VetAlan

CCCUK regional rep
Not looked recently (Keef@eurovettes) got my last set of Goodyear F1's for me but changing to 335 on the rear might bring up more options. From memory P zeros were more plentiful than Goodyear when I alst looked.

CDC

Busy user
Late to this, apologies. Keith got me Sumitomos for my '90 ZR1 which are fine and somewhat cheaper than than Goodyears. Unless you are hammering it on track you are unlikely to notice any difference in performance.

Jane

CCCUK Member
I'm looking at a ZR-1 and wondering where to find rear tyres should I pull the trigger.
315/35/17s don't come up in the searches other than out of date Toyo 888s adverts that are no longer in stock anywhere.
Where are you guys getting your ZR rear tyres?
Did you buy it???

Jane

CCCUK Member
Hopefully not, for purely selfish reasons - i'm selling my ZR1 in a few months so need all the keen buyers I can get!
Ah I see I've got confused with how to use this messaging tool. I was trying to ask "Last Triumph" above. Do you know many ZR1s are there in the club? I wanted to locate some of them to swap stories/info with.

CDC

Busy user
Ah I see I've got confused with how to use this messaging tool. I was trying to ask "Last Triumph" above. Do you know many ZR1s are there in the club? I wanted to locate some of them to swap stories/info with.
I think you may need to go into his member profile to message him directly. I don't personally know how many ZR1s there are in the club. I don't think there are many ZR1 owners actively on here, as when I previously asked a few technical questions here when I first bought mine I never had any responses from any ZR1 owners, just standard C4 owners.