1 of 2 Convertible ZR2's for sale

Roscobbc

Indeed, those 427’s were a bit of a monster as were the 454’s. A nice 327 or 350 makes for a pleasant ride. The 74 454 was a nice civilised ride if an auto, hard work
Perhaps imagine a 427 or 454 with 50% more hp and tq over stock configuration.....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s the great thing nowadays, the internet. You can find out exactly what’s what. Everybody can be as knowledgeable as everyone else. Things can be checked and double checked. What was once the realm of “experts” is now available to everyone.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Looking forward to watching this pan out and the Yanks fighting over it if it checks out which I hope it does

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Looking forward to watching this pan out and the Yanks fighting over it if it checks out which I hope it does
Yes, it should be quite interesting. How many of the 10 coupes have been accounted for? I’ve looked, but can’t seem to see the official number. Either way, it’s going to need verification by American “experts” to be taken seriously me thinks.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I've given my 10c on cleaning the pad stamp to show the vin & suffix without damaging the broach marks fearing they would do something too aggresive 😬 would be nice to see it and the trim tag

Corvette

Well-known user
Like the L-88 there should be many visible special parts on the car. First I would check for j-56 twin pins AND stiffening brackets, transistor ignition box and dizzy, radio delete, winters intake, unfortunately date will be on underside, LS6 head numbers, even dipstick is different to a usual bb. I would presume a Harrison oil cooler, And then there are the numbers... so lots to look at. The strange thing is none of the above are that difficult to obtain as I have all of the above but if all are correct and present on the car then it’s definitely a car to begin to take seriously.

Corvette ZR2

Regular user
Yes, it should be quite interesting. How many of the 10 coupes have been accounted for? I’ve looked, but can’t seem to see the official number. Either way, it’s going to need verification by American “experts” to be taken seriously me thinks.
According to the survey results 5 are ZR2's but interesting enough that 3 of the ones listed are convertibles. The man compiling the results owns 2 of them and i'm assuming the one at auction last week is the other. BUT to get the cars in the survey, it requires a tonne of info - so there are likely to be more out there that haven't provided the details

Corvette ZR2

Regular user
Like the L-88 there should be many visible special parts on the car. First I would check for j-56 twin pins AND stiffening brackets, transistor ignition box and dizzy, radio delete, winters intake, unfortunately date will be on underside, LS6 head numbers, even dipstick is different to a usual bb. I would presume a Harrison oil cooler, And then there are the numbers... so lots to look at. The strange thing is none of the above are that difficult to obtain as I have all of the above but if all are correct and present on the car then it’s definitely a car to begin to take seriously.
I know it doesn't have the radio delete or the ignition shielding. They had gone before my Father-in-law purchased the car. The think the DJ that owned it had a radio installed. The rest we are due to check over the next few weeks, but all looks promising.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Like the L-88 there should be many visible special parts on the car. First I
I know it doesn't have the radio delete or the ignition shielding. They had gone before my Father-in-law purchased the car. The think the DJ that owned it had a radio installed. The rest we are due to check over the next few weeks, but all looks promising.

Radio delete cars didn't have the ignition shielding so it's not missing. Radio blanking plates do come up for sale now and then but I guess that the next owners job

Corvette ZR2

Regular user
We moved it back to the workshop today, so I got a few more photos and some videos

20220531_103932.jpg

1654001967916.jpeg

1654002175931.jpeg

Attachments

• 1654001999101.jpeg
    1654001999101.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1654002024364.jpeg
    1654002024364.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 4
  • 1654002049332.jpeg
    1654002049332.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1654002066956.jpeg
    1654002066956.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1654002081463.jpeg
    1654002081463.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1654002097412.jpeg
    1654002097412.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 4

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Can you take and post a pic of the engine pad stamp and drivers door trim plate. And the emissions sticker under the hood, the white wrinkled (normal) one?

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Just sent out via mojo, this 1 of 12 1971 ZR2 Corvette will be on display at Corvettes at the Lakes on Sunday 4th September and Trevor Rogers (NCRSUK) will be doing is best to judge the car on the day!

Thank you to Mals family and Paul for doing this for our club and for also attending on Sunday!

Stuart