2004 Euro Spec C5 Remote Control

phn

CCCUK Member
Hi there, does anyone know the part number for a remote central locking control fob for a 2004 Euro Spec corvette or where I could obtain a couple of them?

If I was able to buy them am I right in thinking that programming them is simply a matter of following the process in the manual and then they will be enabled to control the central locking, boot release etc?

Reason for asking is my lovely newly acquired C5 Corvette has both keys and but unfortuately didnt come with any remotes, so I was wanting to get a couple of remotes if that is still possible.

Many thanks,

Philip.

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Hi there, does anyone know the part number for a remote central locking control fob for a 2004 Euro Spec corvette or where I could obtain a couple of them?

If I was able to buy them am I right in thinking that programming them is simply a matter of following the process in the manual and then they will be enabled to control the central locking, boot release etc?

Reason for asking is my lovely newly acquired C5 Corvette has both keys and but unfortuately didnt come with any remotes, so I was wanting to get a couple of remotes if that is still possible.

Many thanks,

Philip.
Hi Philip
I believe you have to get the euro type as they are different to USA ones. I have seen them to purchase but not sure where from.
Regards
Bob

Reactions: phn

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Here is another eBay vendor for 2004 C5 Europe FOB

Might want to click on contact vendor to assure it is using the Europe frequency and not the USA
$40 US
They show multi ones on that webpage

phn

CCCUK Member
Hmmm - this is proving more difficult than expected - seems like the Euro spec 433MHz remote is out of production and it's really hard to find one.
If anyone spots such a remote do let me know.
Until I find one I'll have to do things the old fashoined way and just use the keys so not a big deal!

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Have a click back through previous threads on this subject. The last time it came up I said something along the lines "you'll be lucky, they're as rare as hens' teeth" and I'm pretty sure the hopeful buyer promptly managed to find one. The chances of finding any Euro stuff in the US is very small indeed. the one fob I bought from over there had to be returned as it wasn't right for the car.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Just tried to find that old thread myself, and failed. When you manage to find a fob you're right to be cautious about which Euro fob it is. There were at least two versions, dividing roughly between early production and later production. Your 2004 would presumably be in the later category so I suggest immediately ruling out anything pre-2000.

phn

CCCUK Member
So, here is a strange thing - I contacted the company, and the remotes were the correct frequency.

I asked to order one but the problem is they will only sell it to me if I drive my car to their busienss (in Italy) so they can check the remote works with my car before allowing me to purchase! Whilst this would be a lovely road trip, I don't have enough leave this year to do that!

So I asked them could they send one to me anyhow (and I will pay for the return postage if it doesnt work) but they wouldnt have that either! So I guess I will keep looking or as an alrernative I was thinking of contacting an aftermarket security installer to see if they could help with a third party system?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
So, here is a strange thing
Strange indeed. I thought it a bit strange that they didnt quote a price for the item in their ad. I did a search on Ebay Germany (Ebay.de) for a "C5 Corvette "Schlussel" (key) 10407640, but nothing on there unfortunately.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Forgive my possible ignorance here, but is it the case that a genuine OEM key is wanted for authenticity but that any 433mhz key would actually work?
Or is it that only an authentic part (10407640) will actually open the door?

phn

CCCUK Member
Forgive my possible ignorance here, but is it the case that a genuine OEM key is wanted for authenticity but that any 433mhz key would actually work?
Or is it that only an authentic part (10407640) will actually open the door?
Good point! I would be happy with any kind of remote that could open the door, and not sure if it has to be the original GM remote, or if there is an aftermarket option that could work?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Here is a 3rd party make on Ebay that says Europe type for 2004 Corvette
Click on contact seller and make sure it has the 433 Mhz type

OR

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I would be happy with any kind of remote that could open the door,
Looking at this old thread, club member Austria29 had a spare UK spec car fob (433 Mhz?) Private message him to see if he still has it/available and it says part number 10407640 on the back? And its not some sort of Toad/Scorpion fob?
Remote Key Fobs