72 front egg crate grill colour?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Nice one. I replaced my rear bumpers with new ones I got somewhere (can't remember) last year as they were really bad. Front isn't so bad, and it costs a lot. So not bothered yet. Many more important things to do first.... like I'd like to get a 3 point seat belt conversion for starters.
What do you have at present capt K? Dual retractor lap and shoulder or just lap? Mine came with later 3 point but they always got lost down the seat sides and caught in the door shut. I really wanted the Retro feel of the original belts and think it has lifted the whole interior. I haveโ€™nt used them in earnest on the road yet so cant report if it will be a bit of a faf linking the two belts together. Or whether to leave them linked when not in use. The PO had screwed two strips of ali behind the seat back panels as seat belt guides but they looked wrong and could catch the door panels when the seats were folded forward.. granted, I now have the shoulder belts in the way a bit whilst accessing the rear stowage behind the seats as they come through the seat back. Overall tho I am thrilled with the change tp the correct style belts. ๐Ÿ‘

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
What do you have at present capt K? Dual retractor lap and shoulder or just lap?
Just the standard lap belt for my 68. I think 3 point was optional that year. I'm just concerned about having a lap belt should I need to stop quickly, and always wanted 3 point belts. I've seen a 3 point seat belt conversion kit online that looks good, but yet to find money for it, and then garage fees for fitting it etc. Granted I technically should be able to do it myself, but its just the paranoia of it being a safety item that I'd want it fitted properly, hence taking it to a garage. So its on my "to do" list later on. As is lots of other little niggles on my Vette too. Still, that's the fun of owning a classic, constantly doing little bits to them. The rear bumpers took ages trying to get them lined up looking alright.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Just the standard lap belt for my 68. I think 3 point was optional that year. I'm just concerned about having a lap belt should I need to stop quickly, and always wanted 3 point belts. I've seen a 3 point seat belt conversion kit online that looks good, but yet to find money for it, and then garage fees for fitting it etc. Granted I technically should be able to do it myself, but its just the paranoia of it being a safety item that I'd want it fitted properly, hence taking it to a garage. So its on my "to do" list later on. As is lots of other little niggles on my Vette too. Still, that's the fun of owning a classic, constantly doing little bits to them. The rear bumpers took ages trying to get them lined up looking alright.
I was lucky in that all the important bits for the under carpet lap retractors were there so I just had remove the three point ones and bolt in the CK kit . They are separate lap and shoulder but link together to form a 3 point belt . I love the retro look and feel of them233280B7-2078-4EAA-853B-4ECFE237E387.jpeg