78 not just a quick paint job

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Some of us (OK, probably only me these days it seems!) spend months grovelling around doing jobs like the rear TA's and then along comes someone who does these jobs as though its as simple as changing the batteries in a torch! It makes you sick! 😊 😊 😊 😊 Seriously, looks great so far! But I may not read any more, its all too distressing!😊
It wasn't a five minute job but hopefully will be ok when it's done as had my new rear discs and pads come yesterday so just have to clean up the rear calipers now and then still wait to get the body off to sort out the chassis

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Up up and away!!! Finally got the time to get the body off ☺️

Attachments

• DSC_0208.JPG
    DSC_0208.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0210.JPG
    DSC_0210.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0211.JPG
    DSC_0211.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0213~2.JPG
    DSC_0213~2.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0212.JPG
    DSC_0212.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 16

johng

CCCUK Member
Looks like you'd removed almost everything else before taking the body off. I found taking the body off first made it much easier to get everything else off.

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Looks like you'd removed almost everything else before taking the body off. I found taking the body off first made it much easier to get everything else off.
Originally the body was staying on but then one thing led to another (as they tend to with older cars) and at the last moment I decided to take the body off because it would be easier to do the chassis πŸ˜‚

johng

CCCUK Member
Now it's off you should find it a lot easier if you rebuild the suspension and driveline before you refit the body.

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Underside of body painted so it's slowly moving along πŸ™‚

Attachments

• DSC_0264.JPG
    DSC_0264.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0267.JPG
    DSC_0267.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 13

TimP

CCCUK Member
Looking really good and coming on nicely. I see you have a V5 registration now - how long did that take? I hear that the DVLA have been on strike - did that make a difference?

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Looking really good and coming on nicely. I see you have a V5 registration now - how long did that take? I hear that the DVLA have been on strike - did that make a difference?
I have the v5 but still not had chance to send it off to class it as historic

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Ok, diff in with trailing arms and half shafts. All new uj's , diff mounts and bolts so just waiting on rear suspension, brake pipes, fuel lines and fuel tank for next job 😊

Attachments

• DSC_0283.JPG
    DSC_0283.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0273.JPG
    DSC_0273.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0277~3.JPG
    DSC_0277~3.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 13

C1CKS

CCCUK Member
Fuel tank on with new stainless fuel lines and sender unit installed. New stainless brake lines fitted and rear rotors so just waiting on rear shocks and a few more fittings so I can drop her back on the floor.πŸ™‚

Attachments

• DSC_0286~2.JPG
    DSC_0286~2.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0289.JPG
    DSC_0289.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 14