additional security ?

memphisblue

CCCUK Member
I have only just got my 68 and it is garaged, however i live in south London and wondered if anyone else uses additional security for your car such as steering locks etc etc? any advice would be appreciated.
thanks

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I made this security device for my automatic C3. I bought 50mm approx. square steel section on the internet and a Masters long leg padlock from B&Q. It slips over the handbrake and the shift stick and the padlock secures them together. It would need a cutter to undo it. I painted it yellow to make it visible and the label is just for added show.

Just needed a hacksaw, drill and hammer to make it. Yellow paint from Halfords.

My only concern is securing it in the car when not installed. as It might make a serious dent in my head in a bad accident.

Photos attached.

Attachments

• 9CDC4FEB-84B1-44E2-92FA-3730C64AB433.jpeg
    9CDC4FEB-84B1-44E2-92FA-3730C64AB433.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 28

Roscobbc

Rottweiler or similar dog permanently in the passenger seat (trained not to eat the vehicle)
athena_in_z06_1_dee894eeff76f67d3a800200a4b0924d1670135d.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I liked the security I had on a previous car I had with individual throttle bodies and a custom ECU and map etc. The standalone ECU was mounted somewhere easily reachable for me, and the ECU was quite small. So whenever I parked it up, I just removed the ECU. No way it'd start at all without that, and no-one would know what ECU it needed, or any basic map it might need on the ECU.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I looked into security for my future Corvette and there's many options that stop the car being drivable for example a steering lock that locks the wheel and pedal together with a pole, a lock that fits to the pedals and a lock that locks the handbrake and shifter together. Definitely worth fitting all of them when parking at home and in public as it'd only take two minutes.

Last edited: