Another ebay find

Roscobbc

The 70’s american car experience is the v8 noise and classic feel of a near fifty year old car. I would drive a manual box before you seriously reduce the number of cars you are considering. They are not hard work and to my mind enhance the experience further. I talked myself out of lots of vettes for one reason or another over the years. Unless you have the funds to buy one that is a nut and bolt rebuild with all new parts you are probably always going to be working on it and spending money on it too.
I walked away from numerous good cars due to “should I “should’nt I “ anxiety.
Buying my 72 was the best thing I did , even with the many little issues and some bigger ones too , i am at ease with my descision and wish I did it years ago. I think you should just buy a vette and be done . Good luck and never give up on your dream but at the same time dont put everything out of reach by searching for the unobtainable 👍
A manual gearbox in an American car with any V8 engine defies any form of logic to many people. You have a car with lots of power and supreme ease of driving - so what's not to like about an auto transmission. The more modern auto transmissions are even better with lock-up converters, multiple ratio's and economy (if that's your thing) better or at least equal to a manual transmission. A powerful V8 engined car with a 4 speed close ratio gearbox is the very antithisys of of any logic - one might think.......... you simply doesn't need the 'long' and 'close' ratios that an M21 gearbox allows. I mean who would really want to drive a car where you most likely have a rear-end ratio that will allow you to cruise perhaps 2500 - 2700 rpm at 70 mph yet allow you (if so minded) to enjoy the aural experience of 'winding' the car-up in first gear to speeds possibly in excess of 50, 60 mph or even higher and simply 'short-shift' straight in to 4th at the legal limit..........boys toys or what ;)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
A manual gearbox in an American car with any V8 engine defies any form of logic to many people. You have a car with lots of power and supreme ease of driving - so what's not to like about an auto transmission. The more modern auto transmissions are even better with lock-up converters, multiple ratio's and economy (if that's your thing) better or at least equal to a manual transmission. A powerful V8 engined car with a 4 speed close ratio gearbox is the very antithisys of of any logic - one might think.......... you simply doesn't need the 'long' and 'close' ratios that an M21 gearbox allows. I mean who would really want to drive a car where you most likely have a rear-end ratio that will allow you to cruise perhaps 2500 - 2700 rpm at 70 mph yet allow you (if so minded) to enjoy the aural experience of 'winding' the car-up in first gear to speeds possibly in excess of 50, 60 mph or even higher and simply 'short-shift' straight in to 4th at the legal limit..........boys toys or what ;)
😉 yes I cant imagine

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I've not seen that many C3s yet. I was serious about the 69 at auction but someone got it and I'm surprised they haven't posted anything yet as it needed work. I emailed Stuart and hoping to see his C3 next week on my week off. :cool: And I want to see this C3 in kent if the seller replies to me.

Emc

Supporting vendor
I have the pefect car , 1971 bridge Hampton blue , black interior, manual, new paint, new interior, new chrome, all new suspension a ready to show and drive car, 3 usa owners.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I have the pefect car , 1971 bridge Hampton blue , black interior, manual, new paint, new interior, new chrome, all new suspension a ready to show and drive car, 3 usa owners.
Price and Pictures please, 👍sounds gorgeous. Be quick james i dont think this will be around very long.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Sounds a lovely car. As above, price and more importantly - pictures please :)

Dazaa

Well-known user
Not wishing to poke a sleeping bear but what is the issue with wiper/indicator switches?

I'm interested as mine is still undergoing extensive restoration and could have the offending bits fixed if required. Mine's a '69 so may not be the same as the one in question.

Thanks.

77 had a one year only wiper switch that was integrated in the turn signal switch, they are fragile and often broken, and no replacement exists.