Another ebay find

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The way this site is going with James’s posts it needs a pub section where it doesn’t matter what dreams are posted and how off topic the banter goes it’s safe in that section.
It needs a mental health section if you ask me ! For gods sake don`t anyone else poke the bear or even think about waking the sleeping dragon !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Providing the chassis and birdcage check out ok then yes, absolutely, very good value.
I guess if you really want an Auto and its a 'deal breaker' for you then the good value becomes irrelevant (its not like a gearbox swop is particularly viable).
Picking on minor issues just looks like finding excuses though, better to stick with the Auto/Manual issue.
James, have You driven both? Or is it that you can’t get used to a manual gear change with the right hand? I have always preferred auto, but my 60 was manual as I couldn’t find a auto. Little compromises will have to be allowed for as your buying a used car, only the original owner got it how he wanted it.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
James, have You driven both? Or is it that you can’t get used to a manual gear change with the right hand? I have always preferred auto, but my 60 was manual as I couldn’t find a auto. Little compromises will have to be allowed for as your buying a used car, only the original owner got it how he wanted it.
I think we all know the answer to that !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
As it probably will not be your daily driver, a manual might work for you. DO make sure you think you will be happy with a manual before you commit. If any doubts keep looking for a auto.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Looks promising so will have to compromise on the manual. Might go see it as it's not too far.

Im sure youve heard it a thousand times but you MUST thoroughly check the chassis, especially just in front of the rear wheels and also the Birdcage, the easiest way is look around the windscreen and in the door shuts below the windscreen but to do it properly you need the interior kick panels off to see where the Birdcage is fixed to the chassis.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Im sure youve heard it a thousand times but you MUST thoroughly check the chassis, especially just in front of the rear wheels and also the Birdcage, the easiest way is look around the windscreen and in the door shuts below the windscreen but to do it properly you need the interior kick panels off to see where the Birdcage is fixed to the chassis.
We did all this to death when he first joined the forum a life time ago , and we still are no further on . 😞

Reactions: Emc

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
We did all this to death when he first joined the forum a life time ago , and we still are no further on . 😞

Thats because you all told him not to rush into anything.. hes just taking your advice perhaps a little bit too literally (ducks and takes cover).
What do you mean 'Might' go look at it James?.. 'Might'?.. when they said 'dont buy the first one you look at', the implication is that you do go look at them!
By now you must have looked at ten/twenty Corvettes for sale?.. maybe twenty five?.. (cars not for sale dont count)..
Have you arranged to go see Stuart up in Dueling Banjos Country yet?.. Kings Cross to Cambridge, change trains for March. Theyre a short walk from the Station.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I was selling a really nice 75 once, a chap came to look at it , really liked it, told me it was the best one he’s seen , and that he’s looked at 15. He said he would think about it , I asked him if he wanted to give me a deposit and he said no. He then contacted the cccuk to thank them for telling him about my car. In the meantime somebody else phoned the club and they again passed them onto me. This chap wizzed down from Manchester and bought it straight away. A few days later the first chap phoned me to say he will take it. I told him it’s gone. He went absolutely mad, if a hand could have come down the phone wire and strangle me he would have done it.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
James, bear in mind that to change the box to auto is not a cheap thing to do.
The 70’s american car experience is the v8 noise and classic feel of a near fifty year old car. I would drive a manual box before you seriously reduce the number of cars you are considering. They are not hard work and to my mind enhance the experience further. I talked myself out of lots of vettes for one reason or another over the years. Unless you have the funds to buy one that is a nut and bolt rebuild with all new parts you are probably always going to be working on it and spending money on it too.
I walked away from numerous good cars due to “should I “should’nt I “ anxiety.
Buying my 72 was the best thing I did , even with the many little issues and some bigger ones too , i am at ease with my descision and wish I did it years ago. I think you should just buy a vette and be done . Good luck and never give up on your dream but at the same time dont put everything out of reach by searching for the unobtainable 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thats because you all told him not to rush into anything.. hes just taking your advice perhaps a little bit too literally (ducks and takes cover).
What do you mean 'Might' go look at it James?.. 'Might'?.. when they said 'dont buy the first one you look at', the implication is that you do go look at them!
By now you must have looked at ten/twenty Corvettes for sale?.. maybe twenty five?.. (cars not for sale dont count)..
Have you arranged to go see Stuart up in Dueling Banjos Country yet?.. Kings Cross to Cambridge, change trains for March. Theyre a short walk from the Station.
Taking your time and time wasting are different things entirely !

Reactions: Emc