Any info on Jan delivery dates?

Roscobbc

Perhaps the answer is to buy as short a combination of numbers and letter (i.e GM 62) and crop the front plate shorter to suit the registration.....not 100% legal perhaps.....but numbers and letters will be 100% legal.....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Perhaps the answer is to buy as short a combination of numbers and letter (i.e GM 62) and crop the front plate shorter to suit the registration.....not 100% legal perhaps.....but numbers and letters will be 100% legal.....
I have seen this done a few times, they were not on American cars tho. Looked OK to my eyes.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
If I had a C8, I'd be removing the nasty/big UK/Euro front plate holder and get a US sized "12x6" (or smaller) front plate to fit over the front "Access Plate" or inside the area ("pocket") when you remove the Access Plate. I presume UK cars still have the Access Plate?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Looks like the normal slab of plastic that fixes to the front. I would have thought that Chevrolet would have designed/built something that enhanced the car’s appearance, not something that looks like a carbuncle when used.

Roscobbc

It wouldn't take too much imagination presumably to design a legal front plate under the front bodywork and mounted on some form of spring loaded attachment that would fold back if going over a speedbump of parking over a kerb - springing back afterwards.......probably too low to be 100% legal in terms of placement - and yes quite likely to get damaged, shatter even.......but its 'sacrificial' - simply keep spare plates and replace as needed?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If you live in a state that requires you to have a front license plate, but you don't like the look and don't want to drill holes in the front of your car
Hide your License plate by adding the Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame.
Choose between the manual or motorized.
The Show N Go retractable license plate frame enhances your vehicle aesthetics.
Easily installed, stainless steel and patented robust design, this product fits almost any vehicle on the road.
Do not be alarmed the approximate dimensions being 10 1/2 inches long, 12 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches high gives enough room from the ground to apply to your vehicle with no problems $42 US

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
It wouldn't take too much imagination presumably to design a legal front plate under the front bodywork and mounted on some form of spring loaded attachment that would fold back if going over a speedbump of parking over a kerb - springing back afterwards.......probably too low to be 100% legal in terms of placement - and yes quite likely to get damaged, shatter even.......but its 'sacrificial' - simply keep spare plates and replace as needed?
Exactly what the clever guys in Notts have done on their C7 Stingrays. Plate is attached to two "hinged" fixing bolts. At speeds above 15mph or so, the wind pressure makes the plate foldback/dissapear. Doesn't fit on cars with protruding front splitters like C7 Grand Sport. So no good on a C8 either.

Attachments

• Front Plate.jpg
    Front Plate.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 14

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
If you live in a state that requires you to have a front license plate, but you don't like the look and don't want to drill holes in the front of your car
Hide your License plate by adding the Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame.
Choose between the manual or motorized.
The Show N Go retractable license plate frame enhances your vehicle aesthetics.
Easily installed, stainless steel and patented robust design, this product fits almost any vehicle on the road.
Do not be alarmed the approximate dimensions being 10 1/2 inches long, 12 inches wide and 1 1/4 inches high gives enough room from the ground to apply to your vehicle with no problems $42 US

I would say that’s $42 well spent.