Any info on Jan delivery dates?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Very odd for me to see the steering wheel on the passenger side :)

I see now why owners are dying the stitching, as in this case white with black stands out too much

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
So I did go and see it. Extremely happy with my colour choice and the car in general. The colour is quite hard to capture in photos, and it was in a bay so no direct sunlight. I don't think you'll be disappointed! I had no regrets at all, and I did see several colours there.

Personally, I wasn't sure how the black and grey LT3 interior would look, but again, very happy. Just need to avoid getting dirty marks on the headlining or pillars perhaps, it is quite light.
“Wow”
Looks fantastic, now I’m jealous as well and can wait for mine.
Shame we have to spoil that beautiful nose with a number plate!
I have seen them on the upper bumper to the side but I’m not sure if I like that either.
Thanks for sharing it with us

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
That is gorgeous in that colour.

I am amused by the sign saying "Showroom vehicles must remain locked due to covid-19" - but then they leave the windows down and roof off. :ROFLMAO:

Termie

CCCUK Member
Yes, I saw that in there. I think it has a "USA" registration plate on it too.
I loved the colour, but it wouldn't be the one for me... one of those colours I admire on other people's cars rather than my own :)

Any further news on your own order?

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
Yes, I saw that in there. I think it has a "USA" registration plate on it too.
I loved the colour, but it wouldn't be the one for me... one of those colours I admire on other people's cars rather than my own :)

Any further news on your own order?
No news on mine yet, I’m told it should be soon still hope to see it in March🤞
Just ordered day the parts I mentioned previously from ACS Composites and organising PPF and fitting locally
Six days and counting for you!!

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Think it was Markno9 that turned up to our Northeast breakfast meeting yesterday ( Sun 27th Feb ) in his new launch edition, was a treat to see in the flesh and looked good in white.
Apologies if I've stolen your thunder Mark.
IMG_20220227_102534_922.jpg

Jim W

CCCUK Member
Wow, that looks lovely in white.
I'm not too keen on the big front number plate.... I think I'd like to use the US front license plate bracket and fit a smaller plate.

Termie

CCCUK Member
“The Eagle has landed”
Just had the call from IAM my car is in Southampton and the wait is almost over.
It will be 2 years and 6months by the time I get my hands on it but by what I’ve been reading from others well worth the wait!!
So what is the latest? Do you have a collection date, or have you picked it up already?

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
So what is the latest? Do you have a collection date, or have you picked it up already?
I had the call this morning, the car can be collected Thursday but like you I’m waiting on the detailers to confirm a collection for me
The car looks a “little dirty” at the moment

Attachments

• 63B37A8F-6C7F-4A1E-A34F-F2AA9F8F104A.jpeg
    63B37A8F-6C7F-4A1E-A34F-F2AA9F8F104A.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 15

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Damn, that front license plate looks like 2 feet wide and ugly as hell
No way I would allow that !

And why is the shipping bag GM puts on C8s not having been used ?

Jim W

CCCUK Member
Damn, that front license plate looks like 2 feet wide and ugly as hell
No way I would allow that !

Our UK plates don't look good...
I think it is normal (and legal?) to put smaller plates on American cars in the UK. I usually do.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Required here in the USA to have a front license plate installed, but I have never put one on my Corvettes
and cops have not hassled me about it

Rebel996.jpg

Can only wonder how in past Corvettes there in the UK how that bigass plate is deflecting airflow away from cooling
like on C6 and C7s that are front breathers

Termie

CCCUK Member
I had the call this morning, the car can be collected Thursday but like you I’m waiting on the detailers to confirm a collection for me
The car looks a “little dirty” at the moment
Well here is another pic to tide you over... although my driving of it has been limited by work travels away. Taking it to Wales this weekend for a first proper roadtrip though.

IMG_11042022_223237_(600_x_540_pixel).jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Required here in the USA to have a front license plate installed, but I have never put one on my Corvettes
and cops have not hassled me about it

View attachment 16346

Can only wonder how in past Corvettes there in the UK how that bigass plate is deflecting airflow away from cooling
like on C6 and C7s that are front breathers
Most American car owners in the UK have US size plates made up ie 12”x6”. They fit the standard plate apertures in all US ( home market) cars. European spec cars have European plate apertures on the tail end, and European sized plate holders for the front. Your C5 could/ would house a plate easily by removing the “corvette “ plate cover.
Florida is a rear plate only state, so no ugly plate on the front is needed. Most do tho, they put a plate with something on it.
A Camaro showing front rear Euro plates. They don’t look too bad.
D285AFE2-95BE-4ECB-A41D-95EAA0FEA74C.jpeg0A7AAB27-A2C7-4393-A584-578D0C5F993B.jpeg