Any info on Jan delivery dates?

Termie

CCCUK Member
No nothing my end yet but fingers cross not to much longer
When did you originally put your deposit down? And was it always a HTC or was it originally a Coupe that might tell me we’re I’m on the list
July 2019 for original deposit. I didn't specify coupe or HTC at the time - but when given the launch editions to choose from, I could pick either, and selected the HTC. My second deposit was in June 2021.

Looks like it'll likely be going for the detailing and the other mods (grills, wheels, etc.) in Feb, and be registered around 1st March.

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
July 2019 for original deposit. I didn't specify coupe or HTC at the time - but when given the launch editions to choose from, I could pick either, and selected the HTC. My second deposit was in June 2021.

Looks like it'll likely be going for the detailing and the other mods (grills, wheels, etc.) in Feb, and be registered around 1st March.
Mine was Oct 2019 and the launch order July 2021 originally told 4th on list for HTC but I’m assuming some of the earlier orders may have changed to HTC
Enjoy your NC500 trip and post some pic’s when it’s delivered
Very pleased for you, hope to see you about in it one day

Termie

CCCUK Member
Mine was Oct 2019 and the launch order July 2021 originally told 4th on list for HTC but I’m assuming some of the earlier orders may have changed to HTC
Enjoy your NC500 trip and post some pic’s when it’s delivered
Very pleased for you, hope to see you about in it one day
Thank you, hopefully not long for yours too. Surely it can't be far behind. If you're near Ian Allan, you may be able to pop in and see what your future car will look like?

A

avdb

HTC would be my choice but I have not even put a deposit down. Make sure to post pictures for the delivery.

Termie

CCCUK Member
So why are those just sitting there outside in winter weather when the paying customers have been waiting for months ?
I don't think you quite grasp the setup in the UK. We have only one official dealership, and that dealership is shared with other brands.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Should not make any difference in letting new C8s sitting out in the weather
Keep in mind, water can get through the venting around the glass of the rear hatch

Termie

CCCUK Member
Should not make any difference in letting new C8s sitting out in the weather
Keep in mind, water can get through the venting around the glass of the rear hatch
I'll let others more familiar with IAM answer if they wish, but if I recall, they only have space for 2 or 3 cars inside in total (excluding workshops, which I haven't seen). It isn't overly large inside. There is almost zero visitor parking, I parked on the street last time.

As for how we're treated (presumably by GM) in the UK, my first notice of my new car's arrival was when it was at the dealer, even though it likely spent weeks getting there from the US. It is also the first dealer I've ever been in that HASN'T offered any finance on a vehicle, which is usually where a lot of money is made by manufacturers.

It really isn't the setup you think it is. I'm not complaining about the simple nature of the dealership, as it is secondary to the car for me (and I don't need to sip a latte while discussing a car), but I do value good customer service/communication which costs nothing but time.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Wonder why the full transport bags GM puts on each C8 is not on the ones going to the UK ?

image_28292.jpg

Last edited:
A

avdb

IAM does not seem to have the ideal reputation for customer service/communication. It is also > 7 hours drive and more then 400 miles away from me which makes the decision for a C8 order difficult.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think that will be a stumbling block for a number of potential buyers. If he is the only supplier in the UK for the C8 I assume he is the only official service agent as well. One supplier for the whole of the UK sounds like a recipe for disaster once the C8 hype has died down.