Any info on Jan delivery dates?

Roscobbc

I think the front lift will only work when activated manually, and it's the auto GPS system that is supposed to remember upto 1000 places that won't work in the UK
But I could be wrong as I haven't had it confirmed yet
Logic would say that if the vehicle has a UK spec' satnav system then the front lift should operate off the satnav..........perhaps in the USA providers of satnav software program-in known 'humps' etc. In the UK it would be reasonble to expect the facility for the driver to 'memorise' a number of local 'favorite' speed humps (in much the same way as one would with regularly used journeys)

Rich

Administrator
I have made enquiries to clarify this matter.
When fitted as an option the Front Lift WILL work on UK spec cars by a press of the appropriate button. The memory/software function which automatically records the location of when the button is pressed is not present on UK vehicles. Of course, Ian Allan Motors' hands are tied in this respect due to the GM decision.

nickprice

Regular user
Nick - Did you manage to speak to Kevin, any updates ?

Thanks
Hey sorry, I've been travelling for work a bit recently. Just called and spoke to Craig. I was told my car could come in in the next couple of weeks (but not definite). That's sooner than I thought. He mentioned that they seem to arrive in batches by colour.

Interesting about the lift kit GPS not working. My house is surrounded by speed bumps...

Rich

Administrator
This thread has gone quiet..
Have many members on here taken delivery of their new RHD C8 yet?
All the new members with C8s are announced in Vette News, and also via some Regional welcomes.
Jim - how about joining us as a Club Member? I would be a pleasure to have you fully on board. PM me if you need any further details

Termie

CCCUK Member
This thread has gone quiet..
Have many members on here taken delivery of their new RHD C8 yet?
Mine was originally due December, but I haven't heard anything. Rather disappointed with the comms from Ian Allan. But as said above, at least it is winter.
On a related topic, I have a (likely delayed) VW on order, and got nice note from my salesperson saying happy new year, sorry for the delays and uncertainty, he'll keep in touch, etc. When I ordered my GR Yaris from Toyota, they sent me a GR cap at Xmas to say thank you while I was awaiting delivery. I order a £90K+ car from Ian Allan, and not a peep. In my opinion, this is going to be a turn off for many buyers. It only takes a few minutes to email their C8 customers with build slots and demonstrate some customer service - probably a copy & paste email too, with just a change of name. Costs nothing but a little bit of time.

nickprice

Regular user
To be honest my thoughts entirely. I don't even particularly mind that it's delayed. It would just be nice to feel I was kept in the loop instead of always chasing.

richie500

CCCUK Member
I emailed Ian Allen last week. Craig told me they still haven't heard anything from GM... at least it's winter...
Craig told me they still haven't heard anything from GM
Ian Allen have obviously got a reasonable number of orders for the new C8 so why are they waiting to hear, if I was dealing with it then I would be on the phone every day to GM to find out what is happening with those orders so I could give my customers a proper response. This is 2022 the Corvette C8 is manufactured on a production line not in a back street workshop. They will have build sheets for every order, they know how long it takes to build a car down to the last minute, they work on engineering practices like JIT so why is it taking so long?

Jim W

CCCUK Member
I placed a pre-order deposit with Ian Allan Motors 18 months ago and still have no idea when or if I will ever get my C8?
GM were still inviting people to choose their Launch Edition for over a year after I paid my pre-order deposit. No chance of that now.
My car still isn't even on order with the factory, and yet Ian Allan are still inviting pre-orders on their web-site.

I am not very impressed with Ian Allan Motors. I get no updates, no information, and e-mails are often ignored.
I expect they have a lot of customers wanting to order a car, and it seems GM are letting them down. But it would be nice to be kept in the loop.

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
Interesting about the lift kit GPS not working. My house is surrounded by speed bumps...
I think they work but the software location memory isn't plumbed in for the UK.

Jim W joined the Club today (welcome, Jim,) so I'd like to make the same invitation to you, Nick. Please PM me for info.

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
Hi
I think we are all in the same position I’ve been asking IAM for info since I placed my pre order back in Sept 2019 for the convertible, I was originally no4 on the list for the HTC
I’m told it’s close but as others have said no guarantee’s
I don’t think GM are being fair with Craig as he has indicated he has no forewarning on what is coming until he receives an invoice for what is due to arrive at Dover
I told order number 1 has not been completed yet although I see Tom Hartley got his today on instagram
Just hang in there it would be nice if IAM set up a web page where we could view our own order status as they do in the US

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Not sure if any of these helps those in the UK that bought an RHD C8
but in the USA once the car was assigned to your order and VIN # assigned is the C8 has a transport function
that limits the amount of battery use and also there is a GM cellphone APP that the C8 owner uses the APP and VIN # to
see where exactly the C8 is while in transport

Also
You can go to this GM website (if you have your order #) and ask for an update as where your C8 is

GM status updates

Also

On Monday 12/6/21 Chevrolet is rolled out a new order tracking program for sold customer 2022 Corvette orders.
How this will work is when the dealer enters your order into the GM workbench if you provided a valid e-mail address and phone number, GM will send to your email address updates about your order

When your car reaches 3000 you will get your first update telling you your Corvette is at the starting line, your order accepted
When your car reaches 3400 you will get your second update telling you we are building your dream order
When your car reaches 4000a you will get your third update telling you your mid-engine masterpiece is making great strides
When your car reaches 4800 you will get your fourth update telling you pure performance is on the horizon
When your car reaches 4200b/c you will get your final update telling you it's on the way to the dealer

When you get each update it will show a C8 in your body style exterior color, wheels, interior color just like your ordered car
If you didn't provide your email at time of order, your dealer can download a form to fill out. You can opt out of the emails at anytime

This program was started to help customers stay up to date with their order. The customers who never hear from their salesman or dealer will know about their order once it gets to 3000 and above!!!

How does one contact the “Corvette Concierge”?
I have my order number, and I am very curious as to where this issue stands?

Send an email to Lori Bieschke at the NCM. Lori@corvettemuseum.org

The phone number for the Concierge is 866-424-3892 (USA)

Hope this helps

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Other build tracking codes :

Below are some of the steps that your car will go through between now and delivery (though some steps will be skipped for many). Here are the tracking codes:

Order Status Tracking Codes: GM Order Status

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership; Preliminarily Accepted by GM Computer. Note: This does NOT mean that GM guarantees that your car will be produced -- as that only occurs at status code 2000!
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet: GM has accepted and will produce your Corvette as ordered.
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospective Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
2500 Preferenced
2530 New Order Pending; Productionizing Error
2550 Change Sent to Order at Plant
2570 In-System Return Request to Order at Plant
2575 Cancellation Request to Order at Plant
3000 Accepted by Production Control
3022 Offshore Event Reversal to Event 3300
3024 Offshore Event Reversal to Event 3450
3025 Offshore Event Reversal to Event 3550
3099 Order Cancelled at Plant
3100 Available to Sequence
3300 Scheduled for Production
3400 Broadcast
3450 Import Vehicle Produced
3500 Body Set-Up (Non-Import Vehicle)
3550 Import Vehicle Shipped from Port of Origin
3750 Import Vehicle Received at Port of Entry
3800 Produced
4000 Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice
4106 Release Bailment
4110 Invoice Reject
4120 Internal Invoice
4150 Original Invoice
4200 Shipped
4250 Ocean Dispatched
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4350 At Port of Exit – Truck
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
4850 At Port of Exit – Rail
4B00 Bayed (Available to Ship)
4B01 Arrived at Vehicle Distribution Center
4B10 Available for Export Shipping
4B11 Available for Sale
4B12 Argentina Built Order Ready for Re-Invoice to Mexico
4B31 Anticipated Tag
4B40 Grounded Tag
4B42 Untag
4B45 Credit Rebill Rejected
4B50 Final Dealer Assigned by Central Office
4B60 Credit Rebill Sent to Vehicle Billing and Accounts Receivable System
4B65 CDO Requests Created (GM International Sales Only)
4B70 Credit Rebill Cancelled in Vehicle Billing and Accounts Receivable System
4D00 Vehicle on Hold
4DCR Carrier Reject
4F01 Vehicle Arrived at Central Distribution Center
4F02 In Transit to Regional Distribution Center
4F03 Vehicle Arrived at Regional Distribution Center
4F04 Vehicle Tagged in Transit to Dealer
4FCR Invoice Reject
4FUN Credit Dealer/Undo Invoice
4V01 Vehicle at Upfitter
4V02 Vehicle on Transportation Hold
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date Updated
5000 Delivered to Dealer
5050 Vehicle Transfer – Dealer Initiated
6000 Delivered to Customer; First Delivery; D1
6061 Delivery Cancellation; First Return to Stock; R1
6200 Retail Sale; Second Delivery; D2
6261 Return to Stock; Second Return to Stock; R2
9000 Order Cancelled

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Tracking Your Corvette's Order Through Different, Progressive Order Status Codes:

GM has a great internal tracking code system, but unfortunately, systematic step-by-step communication with you, the customer, doesn't usually occur. There are two ways you can find out about your car's status.

1. Dealer Communication:

The best way is to have your dealer be proactive and to have them systematically share its "progress milestones" with you. Each dealer has the ability to track your order's progress by the aforementioned GM Global Connect WorkBench software system. Every dealer has one or more individuals who have authorization into that system, for without the WorkBench Connect system, there would be no way for a dealership to order a single vehicle.

Many dealerships are reluctant to share this information, but if you can make personal friends with the dealership's WorkBench Connect Coordinator (flowers, donuts, flowers, compliments, etc.), you are often home free.
And while this has never been an issue with the excellent dealers I have ordered from, if you find you are working with a less-than-cooperative one, remind them that you are aware that once your vehicle has been delivered, that you will be directly receiving from GM a dealer evaluation, and that in your filling it out and sending it directly back to GM, emphasizing with your salesperson, that happens from this moment forward will influence your dealer evaluation.

2. GM's Corvette Concierge Program:

Every dealer has through their Global Connect Order WorkBench software program, the program in which they order all their vehicles, the ability to 24/7 look up the status of an order. That process will continue, i.e., every dealer will continue to have the ability to look your order status on their software system. This is not a special program but the one that they use/need to order every single new vehicle from GM, whether Corvettes, pickups, SUV’s, etc.

Therefore, to ascertain your C8’s Order Status Code, you could, but also not before your dealer has informed you that he has paired and submitted your order with a specific consensus granted allocation, contact either your dealership or call the Corvette Concierge program at 1.866.424.3892.

As of December 6, 2021, GM instituted a program where they will, once your dealer has registered your order with them, reach out to you via an email when your order has hit 3000 status, then major milestones after that.

Termie

CCCUK Member
Hi
I think we are all in the same position I’ve been asking IAM for info since I placed my pre order back in Sept 2019 for the convertible, I was originally no4 on the list for the HTC
I’m told it’s close but as others have said no guarantee’s
I don’t think GM are being fair with Craig as he has indicated he has no forewarning on what is coming until he receives an invoice for what is due to arrive at Dover
I told order number 1 has not been completed yet although I see Tom Hartley got his today on instagram
Just hang in there it would be nice if IAM set up a web page where we could view our own order status as they do in the US
I got the same feedback - he doesn't know until he gets the invoice. I do agree this is unfortunate and quite likely not his fault. I do wish IAM were better at proactive comms though. While I will stick with it, it occasionally does occur to me I would have probably have a very different experience if I'd chosen a different car for my money. But I really do want a C8 :)

It does concern me a little when it comes to any future warranty or servicing - will the dealer experience be smooth. I assume many on here use them for existing cars, and I would be interested in any views? Anything to be aware of?

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
Hi Termie
We are both having the same thoughts and concerns for all the same reasons
Spooky!
We have also ordered the same car in colour and spec
Even more Spooky
Keep in touch
Cheers

Rich

Administrator
It does concern me a little when it comes to any future warranty or servicing - will the dealer experience be smooth. I assume many on here use them for existing cars, and I would be interested in any views? Anything to be aware of?
I have had a long relationship with IAM since they first started selling and servicing Corvette, both via the Club and as a customer. I have had no problem whatsoever with servicing, repairs, warranty work and buying a new Camaro from them. Hopefully this will continue but as regards the delivery of the C8s they are very much in the hands of GM. There is little they can do but wait although I know they have tried to speed up the process with GM.