CCCUK Member
Hi Termie
We are both having the same thoughts and concerns for all the same reasons
Spooky!
We have also ordered the same car in colour and spec
Even more Spooky
Keep in touch
Cheers
That is spooky. Definitely be good to keep in touch, and I'll let you know if/when I hear anything. I really hope it arrives in March at the latest, so I can enjoy it as the weather improves. I have a bit of a UK roadtrip planned in May that I would like to use it for too.

Any plans for the car so far, or just awaiting arrival? I've rather pre-emptively bought grill guards and vossen wheels for mine, as we didn't get alloy wheel choice with the launch cars, and I would have chosen differently for mine.

Termie

CCCUK Member
I have had a long relationship with IAM since they first started selling and servicing Corvette, both via the Club and as a customer. I have had no problem whatsoever with servicing, repairs, warranty work and buying a new Camaro from them. Hopefully this will continue but as regards the delivery of the C8s they are very much in the hands of GM. There is little they can do but wait although I know they have tried to speed up the process with GM.
Thank you Rich, this is really good to hear.

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
That is spooky. Definitely be good to keep in touch, and I'll let you know if/when I hear anything. I really hope it arrives in March at the latest, so I can enjoy it as the weather improves. I have a bit of a UK roadtrip planned in May that I would like to use it for too.

Any plans for the car so far, or just awaiting arrival? I've rather pre-emptively bought grill guards and vossen wheels for mine, as we didn't get alloy wheel choice with the launch cars, and I would have chosen differently for mine.
No plans to date, but hope to make the Nationals in July, if your road trip is anywhere near the southwest get in touch
I’ve have been in touch with ACS composites in Canada with a view to ordering a few bits and pieces
Carbon flash rock guards $499.00

ACS C8 carbon flash wickers $449.00

ACS C8 Z51 Style Front Splitter and rockers in carbon flash. $729.00
[50-4-059|50-4-061]CFZ

Jacking Pucks. $ 99.00
$1776.00

Others items
Front Grill protection Set. $90

Front Strut covers $55

The list just goes on and on but I’m waiting until the car is here,
Again the same as you hoping it here before March22

Termie

CCCUK Member
No plans to date, but hope to make the Nationals in July, if your road trip is anywhere near the southwest get in touch
I’ve have been in touch with ACS composites in Canada with a view to ordering a few bits and pieces
Carbon flash rock guards $499.00

ACS C8 carbon flash wickers $449.00

ACS C8 Z51 Style Front Splitter and rockers in carbon flash. $729.00
[50-4-059|50-4-061]CFZ

Jacking Pucks. $ 99.00
$1776.00

Others items
Front Grill protection Set. $90

Front Strut covers $55

The list just goes on and on but I’m waiting until the car is here,
Again the same as you hoping it here before March22
Great, thanks for sharing, will look into some of those. I know ASC extras are very popular in North America.

I got the CCG full mesh kit. It was around £140. Then selected Vossen HF-3 in Satin Bronze. Went for OEM size, because I didn't want to change the ride quality. I'll regret the colour after the first kerbing incident though, likely as not. I did look into ordering OEM C8 alloys, but Craig implied GM charges quite a lot for additional wheels. I also have some PPF/detailing lined up, and a rather dubious license plate. That'll may be enough outlay for a bit :)

The road trip is up from south east to the lake district, then up to Skye via Glasgow. Then across Scotland to Loch Ness, then back down south via Edinburgh. I'm hoping to take the C8, but my (admittedly lowered) M3 took a bit of carbon front splitter/wheel damage on the NC500 last year, so I want to check out the front lift first.

Fingers crossed the cars arrive in the next month or two.

Termie

CCCUK Member
If you guys are having trouble now i wonder how it will be when I want the Z06 version .

I think the C8 is probably attracting new people to the brand, so I'm hoping the buying experience improves otherwise some may wander away again. For now, I imagine they have a long waiting list, but it would be good to see the brand strength increasing as a result of the C8 interest.

Rich

Administrator
Thank you Rich, this is really good to hear.
No problem. You guys are being very patient, but I guess you have no option. Whilst you are awaiting for your C8, why not join the CCCUK now?? It would be a pleasure to welcome another C8 (future) owner as a Club Member.
There's a very interesting 6 page article on the Z06 in the last edition of Vette News.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The first ZO6 off the production line is up for auction at Barrett Jackson next week. I wonder how much it will make especially with all the hype the C8 is getting.

Termie

CCCUK Member
No problem. You guys are being very patient, but I guess you have no option. Whilst you are awaiting for your C8, why not join the CCCUK now?? It would be a pleasure to welcome another C8 (future) owner as a Club Member.
There's a very interesting 6 page article on the Z06 in the last edition of Vette News.
Hey Rich, can you pass me the details around membership? Thanks.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
To make matters worse the greedy union just calling for a strike at the BGP and who knows how long that will shut down the assembly line :(

While the new mid-engine Corvette Stingray has been an overwhelming hit around the world, the men and women who build the new C8 Corvette for Chevy are saying, don’t forget about us, we want more !

Overcoming just about every imaginable obstacle placed in their path, including a labor strike, global pandemic, supply-chain issues, and even a tornado, these workers have nevertheless managed to produce tens of thousands of 2020-22 Corvettes at the Bowling Green, Kentucky assembly plant.

Since 2019, however, members of UAW Local 2164 in Bowling Green have been operating without a local contract, and last week they sent a strong message to management by rejecting an offer they say still doesn’t address many of their ongoing concerns.
In fact, 98 percent of Bowling Green production workers and 97 percent of its skilled trades workers turned down the offer from plant management.

“We pretty much knew what the outcome would be,” Jason Watson, shop chairman for Local 2164, told the Bowling Green Daily News.
“It’s disappointing that the company doesn’t take into consideration what the hourly workers are asking for in improvements.”

Those concerns include sanitation and health and safety, as well as a commitment from General Motors to use UAW members, when possible, for contracted tasks like 3-D printing, maintenance work, and striping.

Local 2164 President Brian Ferrett says outsourcing tasks to non-union workers is a big concern for union workers who have been transferred to Bowling Green after closure or downsizing of other GM plants.

With the eighth-generation Corvette earning significant accolades since beginning production in late 2019, Ferrett believes workers who actually assemble the car should benefit by receiving some guarantees about their future.

“We always request a guarantee, but it’s not there yet,” he said.
“Over the last 20 years all GM has pushed for and achieved in most cases is for a third party to do our work at a lower wage.”

The union’s recent rejection of the latest offer holds no immediate ramifications, but Watson says a strike is not out of the question eventually if the issues can’t be resolved.

“Our membership has approved a strike authorization, but there is a process that must go through (UAW) Region 8 and the national union,” he said.
In the meanwhile, Watson says the union’s bargaining committee will continue to gather membership concerns as well as continue to have meetings with management and attempt to continue negotiations.

Enthusiasts should know that Corvette plant management is willing to continue these talks, as indicated in this statement:

“We are disappointed that UAW Local 2164 voted down the local contract.
We will continue to meet with the local union to understand the vote and will continue to negotiate.
Our goal is to reach an agreement that benefits employees and positions our business to be competitive as we move forward.”

Jim W

CCCUK Member
Some of the early delivered cars are being flipped for a profit. It’s a shame, there are plenty of us that want a C8 to own and enjoy.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
If cars still make their way to UK in the same way as in the past I believe all European market Vettes are shipped to Belgium. UK cars then have to make their way from there which can add an additional level of uncertainty and delay. "Official" UK imports began around 1998 and I don't think it's ever been a particularly satisfactory experience for customers, particularly bearing in mind that Vettes aren't cheap cars over here.

Rich

Administrator
If cars still make their way to UK in the same way as in the past I believe all European market Vettes are shipped to Belgium. UK cars then have to make their way from there which can add an additional level of uncertainty and delay. "Official" UK imports began around 1998 and I don't think it's ever been a particularly satisfactory experience for customers, particularly bearing in mind that Vettes aren't cheap cars over here.
True - they all all shipped from the US in batches to be held in a compound in Europe prior to being sent to the relevant dealer. When I bought a new 2003, it had been sitting in Belgium (or Holland - can't remember exactly) for over a year before a buyer was found.

Jim W

CCCUK Member
True - they all all shipped from the US in batches to be held in a compound in Europe prior to being sent to the relevant dealer. When I bought a new 2003, it had been sitting in Belgium (or Holland - can't remember exactly) for over a year before a buyer was found.

I also bought a new 2003 50th anniversary in 2004. That was a 'new old stock' car from Europe.

Termie

CCCUK Member
I think it’s best to wait a few more weeks hopefully and save £37k
We could be the next batch that come through🤞
So in a bit of a bolt out of the blue, my C8 HTC is at Ian Allan - it will be going through PDI over the next few days! Any news on yours, or has anyone else heard anything on theirs?
I may try and get mine taken straight to the detailers (who also have had no notice), and perhaps register it on the 22 plate in March, but I will discuss options.
Happy day though :)

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
So in a bit of a bolt out of the blue, my C8 HTC is at Ian Allan - it will be going through PDI over the next few days! Any news on yours, or has anyone else heard anything on theirs?
I may try and get mine taken straight to the detailers (who also have had no notice), and perhaps register it on the 22 plate in March, but I will discuss options.
Happy day though :)
No nothing my end yet but fingers cross not to much longer
When did you originally put your deposit down? And was it always a HTC or was it originally a Coupe that might tell me we’re I’m on the list