Any info on Jan delivery dates?

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Happens my car is at Ian Allan for service today. Lots of C8s there, presumably awaiting registration from DVLA. Colours included orange, blue, white, grey and dark red metallic. Clearly they are arriving in UK and will soon be in the hands of buyers.

To my eye some colours work a lot better than others...

Termie

CCCUK Member
So what colours did you like?

IAM said a number of people are waiting until March for collection. Also, I was told at least a couple of owners are out the country (there wasn't much warning after all).

I'm visiting on Saturday to see mine (the dark red HTC). I'm hoping a few other C8s are still around to see the colours in person.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I would imagine the majority of new owners will wait to get the new 22 registration. Looks good on the road, and will be worth more in future resale value.
even though the introduction of the new style of year numbering would hopefully do away with the different trade in values it hasn’t/didn’t.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
What colours look good in the flesh in your opinion ?
There were a couple of orange cars, both of which looked very pleasing. And I think the dark red metallics have looked good on Corvettes since first introduced around C6 era. It's all just personal taste.

As the Groove Armada said, if everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at each other. But that song was used in a Renault ad'.....

jukebox

CCCUK Member

IAM said a number of people are waiting until March for collection. Also, I was told at least a couple of owners are out the country (there wasn't much warning after all).

I'm visiting on Saturday to see mine (the dark red HTC). I'm hoping a few other C8s are still around to see the colours in person.
Dark red was a good one.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I saw a chocolate brown metallic go through BJ on Saturday, it looked absolutely beautiful. It made $150k and was straight from the GM collection.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I saw a chocolate brown metallic go through BJ on Saturday, it looked absolutely beautiful. It made $150k and was straight from the GM collection.

Seems to me that a lot of these C8 color may look good in sunlight angles, but do not look good in low light levels

image_36254.jpgimage_42010.jpg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I would imagine the majority of new owners will wait to get the new 22 registration.
It won't affect those registering early after March 2022, but it got my brain thinking - will imported C8s sold in the UK after 6th July 2022 have to be adapted to comply with the new speed limiter thingy that is being applied to all new cars sold in the UK after 6th July 2022 ? But I think that might just be new "models" after that date, and then all current models adapted by 2024 or something.

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member

If you can take a few pics of the exterior and the interior (seating and dash) so we can have a sneak peak!
Told mine is built with delivery anticipated March possible the last batch of launch vehicles
Enjoy the moment of two and half years of waiting!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
So that brown is called caffeine. Quite appropriate me thinks. Brown was very 70’s early 80’s. Under the bright lights of BJ it did look lovely’ once outside with a bit of dirt on it maybe not so. Same could probably be said for all Color’s tho.

Termie

CCCUK Member
If you can take a few pics of the exterior and the interior (seating and dash) so we can have a sneak peak!
Told mine is built with delivery anticipated March possible the last batch of launch vehicles
Great news... March is pretty much perfect timing, fingers crossed.

nickprice

Regular user
Only just caught up with this thread. I saw the photo of the yellow C8 and got excited. Just emailed Criag and sadly my car was not in the batch that arrived last week. The wait continues...

Congrats to everyone who now has their car!

IanS C8 HTC

CCCUK Member
How about we agree to all meet up in the spring when hopefully the weather is better and more of us have received our C8’s, perhaps somewhere central to where we all are in the country and have a C8 day/lunch/trip but of course all other corvettes would be welcomed
Maybe the club could organise something to celebrate the C8 arrival

Termie

CCCUK Member
So I did go and see it. Extremely happy with my colour choice and the car in general. The colour is quite hard to capture in photos, and it was in a bay so no direct sunlight. I don't think you'll be disappointed! I had no regrets at all, and I did see several colours there.

Personally, I wasn't sure how the black and grey LT3 interior would look, but again, very happy. Just need to avoid getting dirty marks on the headlining or pillars perhaps, it is quite light.

Attachments

• 20220205_235729.jpg
    20220205_235729.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220205_104835.jpg
    20220205_104835.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220205_104815.jpg
    20220205_104815.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220205_111446.jpg
    20220205_111446.jpg