Anyone here with a set of States Plates?

Roscobbc

I'm guessing that unlike 'personal' registrations - where new regs appear to allow the withdrawal of your registration number........(something perhaps one might have paid a significant sum for).......what can they do with a standard issue registration number? other than fine you? - shouldn't think plod would be enpowered to seize your vehicle (unless you were doing something else more 'naughty')

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Where I am in north London we have a large Turkish population, and some of the plates are a work of art. Obviously something in Turkish or perhaps a name. They all seem to wiz about quite happily without any problems.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Where I am in north London we have a large Turkish population, and some of the plates are a work of art. Obviously something in Turkish or perhaps a name. They all seem to wiz about quite happily without any problems.
That`s because our police are too scared to pick on a `Ethnic Minority ` for fear of being called racist !!

Ian at Forfar

CCCUK Member
Go for it , had mine on various cars over the years never had any problems .

Attachments

• 0e550377-949e-42fb-9d2f-36c6f4b62665.jpeg
    0e550377-949e-42fb-9d2f-36c6f4b62665.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 9

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I personally prefer the 80mm news gothic as the font is closer to that of a UK plate.
Thankyou so much for stating the size of the text and also having some examples of the 70mm ones. The 80mm plates do look really good I must confess.

On my car currently I have the below plates front and back. With my (in)accurate measuring, they are actually a few mm until 60mm - something like 56mm or 57mm, I can't remember now. They are the plates that were put on by the import company when I had the car imported, and have passed MOTs with no problems etc. Consequently, I was thinking of having the 60mm font from States Plates as that would match my current plates font size, but I'm not sure.

Anyone here got any 60mm States Plates? I have tried Googling, but as useful as a chocolate teapot.

SWAS 2017 Corvette 2.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Some places that make Personalized license Plates

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Hello, me again. I've got my states plates now after umming and erring for a while.

I'm not too keen on drilling them to attach them using the normal bolts. So I was wondering how you all attached them? I can see from the photos in this thread that most people haven't screwed them on.

Thanks.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Hello, me again. I've got my states plates now after umming and erring for a while.

I'm not too keen on drilling them to attach them using the normal bolts. So I was wondering how you all attached them? I can see from the photos in this thread that most people haven't screwed them on.

Thanks.
3M double sided sticky pads

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Or adhesive Velcro that would allow sticking to back of plate and mount surface
Would allow than to take plate off when wanting to

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
1688753986075.pngCan't remember how I fixed the plates on the C3 but on the C5 I bought the chrome surrounds from States Plates & secured with screws painted silver.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Or adhesive Velcro that would allow sticking to back of plate and mount surface
Would allow than to take plate off when wanting to
Coincidentally, after reading "Mr. Cricket" 's post above about double sided tape, it reminded me I had some good strong Velcro tape left over from another project. So I've used that to stick my new plates on. They look really good. :cool: