Are They Wiping Us Out?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I'm the first to admit that I'm not not familiar with all the 'Green' rules coming in to play (is anybody fully?)

However, while checking out videos on C3 side pipes I saw this comment.
Is this true? :oops:

"Sadly from 2030 on all combustion cars including classics will be banned from public streets in entire EU and Scandinavia :-( In Germany the Green Peoples Party gave order to shorten fuel supply from 2025 on by reducing all conventional fuel stations to only one state operated central gas station per city or county. Now they even want to slow down all the gas pumps from 20 litre per minute to 2 litre per minute...From 2027 on in the EU certain car spare parts will be banned too....as exhaust systems, turbo chargers and even some engine and gearbox oils..."

Roscobbc

I'm the first to admit that I'm not not familiar with all the 'Green' rules coming in to play (is anybody fully?)

However, while checking out videos on C3 side pipes I saw this comment.
Is this true? :oops:

"Sadly from 2030 on all combustion cars including classics will be banned from public streets in entire EU and Scandinavia :-( In Germany the Green Peoples Party gave order to shorten fuel supply from 2025 on by reducing all conventional fuel stations to only one state operated central gas station per city or county. Now they even want to slow down all the gas pumps from 20 litre per minute to 2 litre per minute...From 2027 on in the EU certain car spare parts will be banned too....as exhaust systems, turbo chargers and even some engine and gearbox oils..."
Be interesting to know source of that info......

Roscobbc

Irrespective of whatever any European country (or EEC itself) dictate to its residents........we, the UK are no longer a member of that 'club' so any draconian rules or regs won't apply to UK. In fact if they were to be applied in the EEC countries the combined electrical energy load of charging vehicles would create a major energy vacuum probably causing the UK to continue with fossil based energy usage for many years longer than planned.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
That doesn't sound very green to ban ALL ICE cars in 2030 - which is different to us in the UK where all NEW ICE cars are being banned from SALE in 2030. If they banned ALL ICE cars from the ROAD in 2030, then all the people who bought ICE cars in the years leading up to 2030 would now have a car that is irrelevant and would be worthless. So no-one would buy ICE in the years before 2030, BUT there isn't enough EV supply at the moment for the car demand every year. So people would have to buy ICE, and they'll be super peeved if a car that's only a few years old would then be banned from ALL roads.

Then look at the green factor of this - all those perfectly valid and usable ICE vehicles that are only a few years old would have to be scrapped and replaced with an EV. That is a HUGE CO2 hit to replace so many valid vehicles in a short timespan. So I don't think it'd be logistically doable to remove all ICE cars from the roads in the entire EU in 2030.

Roscobbc

That doesn't sound very green to ban ALL ICE cars in 2030 - which is different to us in the UK where all NEW ICE cars are being banned from SALE in 2030. If they banned ALL ICE cars from the ROAD in 2030, then all the people who bought ICE cars in the years leading up to 2030 would now have a car that is irrelevant and would be worthless. So no-one would buy ICE in the years before 2030, BUT there isn't enough EV supply at the moment for the car demand every year. So people would have to buy ICE, and they'll be super peeved if a car that's only a few years old would then be banned from ALL roads.

Then look at the green factor of this - all those perfectly valid and usable ICE vehicles that are only a few years old would have to be scrapped and replaced with an EV. That is a HUGE CO2 hit to replace so many valid vehicles in a short timespan. So I don't think it'd be logistically doable to remove all ICE cars from the roads in the entire EU in 2030.
The reality of everyone being 'trapped' by ever increasing energy costs will 'kick-in' before 100% electrification of vehiclular transport occurs. The fact that we in the UK means that are increasingly reliant on imported energy - from Europe - this measn that we are all facing being held to ransom by nett energy energy suppliers like Russia.
It just highlights how useless successive all UK goverments irrespective of political party have been over the last 60 years or so in building alternative new power generation stations. What about our wind powered turbines, some might say.......yeah, great technology (installed, run and profited by overseas companies) - what happens when the unpredictable Jetstream changes direction and we experience windless weather conditions......

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You're not in a void on this, it is worldwide to control all of use :(

To piss off the taxpayers and force them to go electric low grade regular costs in commie democrap states near $5 (US) a gallon
Even more if using higher octane gas
You notice that all most all states controlled by them have higher gas prices

gasp.jpg
This is all about greed of those in control who just happen to also own stakes or stocks in companies in any part of the chain of producing electric vehicles
The idiot Barra, who Obama forced to be head of GM, demands all NEW GM vehicles made are at least hybrids by 2025 and all vehicles by 2030 are fully electric.
In last year alone, this bitch ha spent over $6 BILLION US dollars to make battery for electric and building plants for that

Little by little she has killed off even selling gas engines as last week you can no longer buy the LS7 42 CI engine from GM.

This has nothing to do with global warming but shifting where high carbon outputs comes from and that is the electric generate plants making
so if you want to get rich buy stock in coal or oil to get those plants running 100% output for charging batteries which will never meet the demand
of charging millions of vehicles daily :(

Roscobbc

Jon. The issue here in UK ever since we went 'metric' is that whilst all references and understanding to mpg figures and range, (and for that matter all road signage is in miles) our fuel is marked-up and sold in litres. The majority of the UK's population wouldn't have a clue how to convert litres over to Imperial gallons or for that matter care what their vehicles economy figures are in real terms.......they'll just work on miles travelled per pound sterling (£).
I'm sure most people would be surprised that our 'regular' gas here is currently £6.70p per Imperial gallon (so approx. £5.29 per US gallon - or $7.17 in US dollars)
our 'Super' Unleaded 99 is about 20% more expensive
(Imperial gallon is slightly larger than the us gallon - 20 US gallons being equivalent to 16 Imperial gallons)
As the 'take-up' on electric vehicles increases and fuel companies sell less gas and diesel they'll bleat on about how much their extraction and distribution costs costs are being affected and hike prices for fuel ever further - being as most of the fuel cost is taxation our government will get and increased percertage of this but again will tell us that due to reduced fuel usage and admin costs 'their' taxation will also need to increase.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Gone are the days of being able to run your “yank” as an everyday vehicle. I’m lucky enough ( and old enough) to have done that for many many years, something the younger generation will not be able to do.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Who would ever thought a gallon of petrol would be nearly 7 quid. I can remember we all moaned when it went to £1 a gallon. People said they would stop driving. 😂 same thing with fags.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Who would ever thought a gallon of petrol would be nearly 7 quid. I can remember we all moaned when it went to £1 a gallon. People said they would stop driving. 😂 same thing with fags.

Baaa Ha ha, is that like fruitcakes or dudettes ?

Seriously, All BS
Imagine long distance hauling loaded semi-trailer trucks cross USA of 3,500 plus on a fricking battery ?
How about a crane or ditch digger machines ?

Oh,
BTW, a company that makes lithium batteries for vehicles just got caught polluting the nearby water streams people get their drinking water from
as the by-product of waste, so a worse form of pollution

As it is with smog rules since the 1970s, back then my C3s were lucky getting 10 MPG and less than 200 HP
Where even my 1999 C5 at 500 HP can get 32 MPG on the highway cruising at 65 MPH and the exhaust makeup is far cleaner
then mid 1970s with huge Catalytic converters

antijam

CCCUK Member
I remember when you got 4 gallons for £1! However nostalgia is rarely as rosy as it appears. Back in 1969 petrol cost 33p (or in our idiosyncratic currency of the time, 6 shillings and 7 pence) a gallon. Adjusted for inflation that would be £8.09/gallon today. Average petrol price now is £6.63/gallon. To echo the words of Harold Macmillan - We've never had it so good!;)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just had a look up, when dad bought me my Shelby in 1977, petrol was 78p a gallon, which they say would now be £3.60. Funny you mentioned petrol at 33p a gallon, that was the very first time I noticed or paid attention as to what petrol cost. It was in 1970 and dad was filling up his new impala and I happened to notice it was 33p a gallon at our local Texaco station.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
We all bang on about the price of petrol in the UK but never seem to complain about the price of a pint of beer . It has been that way pro rata throughout my drinking lifetime . Average price of a pint of beer now equates to around £36 a gallon depending on where you live ! As beer is is mostly water , go figure that one out . :(
During my late teens and early twenties and playing rugby , my average intake was about 55 pints of beer a week as I was out every night of the week . I worked it out that it would be cheaper to run a Rolls Royce than keep me in beer for a week based on petrol prices at the time . :LOL:

antijam

CCCUK Member
I remember when you got 4 gallons for £1! However nostalgia is rarely as rosy as it appears. Back in 1969 petrol cost 33p (or in our idiosyncratic currency of the time, 6 shillings and 7 pence) a gallon. Adjusted for inflation that would be £8.09/gallon today. Average petrol price now is £6.63/gallon. To echo the words of Harold Macmillan - We've never had it so good!;)
I've just realised I've used the wrong figure for inflation. :oops: 33p in 1969 would be the equivalent of £5.79 today. So with petrol now at £6.63/gallon, a correction - those were the days! :);)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
In the late 1960s, I could get 104 octane leaded gas for .30 cents a gallon
Not only that, if doing a fill up, the gas station would give me a free carton of smokes (and a free car wash) !

Which today itself costs $83 (US) ($8.31 a pack) ! :-(