Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Chevrolet thank you for your help with my photos.

You did not have the benefit of the photos I am posting.

The reason I don’t think it could be the 1989 CCCUK Nationals Beaulieu if the year is correct, again we see a ZR1 PH 790, and the earliest ZR1 is a 1990, unfortunately no MOT recorded but that can’t always be trusted to show the correct year of manufacture, also I do not think I have ever been to Beaulieu.

I worked on your reply below and only looked at C4 Corvettes, as you correctly noticed the ZR1 is registered as a 1991 (J).

The photos now posted show a range of C4 Corvettes from 1983/4 (A) to 1990 (H) so earlier photos possibly, but there is always that fly in the ointment the ZR1.

I would be interested to find out if you ZR1 experts think PH 790 is a 1990, I can see differences in the rear like PH 790 has all red rear lights and white lights either side of the number plate, but that could just mean J918 LHR is Euro spec and PH 790 US spec, not such a problem back then, I never got my 1980 up to Euro spec.

(Funchi, Think you may have the photos/years mixed up? In the Vette ones I think are Knebworth, the black C4 ZR1 has a "J" reg. That makes it a 1991 reg?/so photos must be 1991 or later? The photos with "old" saloon cars has the latest reg. I can see on the red Golf ("B" reg/1985). On the red C2 above, also it has the red hardtop on in first pic, but soft top in pic 2. 1989 Nationals were at Beaulieu (where you there?). Next one I can remember attending was at Knebworth.)

I still think I could have 2 different years, but I cannot be definite because I did not take photos of every car.

It would be very helpful if someone knew where the CCCUK Nationals were held around that era 1990/5.

CN-3.jpgCN-4.jpgCN-5.jpgCN-6.jpgCN-7.jpg