Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I'm sure you are correct - I'm probably relating to the later normally aspirated cars - titled Supernatural and not just Vettes but other GM vehicles. They have/had a German depot - wonder if they produced any converted vehicles from there.
As an aside - several Callaway Vettes over here were sold over to Europe during the last financial 'slump'. Thinking about Callaways I was contacted a year or so ago by a guy based in Saffron Walden who had recently bought an earlier C4 TT from a local auction in Saffron Walden amazingly - I'll have to see how he is getting on with it....

Remember seeing a silver C4 Callaway advertised ('87 or '88 car?) a while back. Wondered if it was Keith's old car? Don't know if they produced any road car Callaways in Germany, but I did see a yellow Euro spec C6 Victory edition Callaway on mobile.de a few years back (rare car). They do produce the Callaway C7 GT3-R race cars in Germany for FIA GT3 racing:

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Silver one I know off was an early '87 vehicle and possibly owned by Keith at some point - the late 'Mustang George' Wilkinson from Harold Hill owned it - a little 'leggy' mileage wise it went up to Scotland and I believe is still there. There was the black '90/'91 Callaway that Malcolm May had for a few years - went to Finland.

Roscobbc

This is the 2018 ad for the '87 silver Callaway I remembered:
Yes - that is the late Georges old car (reg no. is the giveaway) - remember George taking me out in this about 15 years ago - went from A12 at Harold Wood up past M25 J28 and on to the Mountnessing/second Brentwood turn-off before turning back. It was a summers day and George had the roof off - as we left Harold Wood I noted the strange but typical Callaway turbo sound (much like an old school kettle on the boil - odd bubbling sounds) and I thought this accelerates much like my 427 C3 - lots of low down grunt etc - what came as a surprise is whereas stock a BB Vette kinda slows off at low double figures the Callaway just keeps on going effortlessly.......last time I glanced over at the speedo is was reading 140 as I recall and still accelerating.........impressive!

jukebox

CCCUK Member
Hi jukebox I have just found your code 31 Bright Blue 1982 Corvette do you think DGH 951S is the same colour.

The problem I have it has no 1982 Crossfire side emblem the only year for that colour, I think it must be Dark Blue hard to tell in a small photo.

I doubt it could be code 24 Bright Blue Metallic 1981 only one such car left the factory.

I would be interested to know where I took all these photos and year if possible, Chevrolet thinks it is the CCCUK Nationals Knebworth so that must be a good start.

More photos to come from this CCCUK Nationals soon.

View attachment 5622View attachment 5623View attachment 5624
View attachment 5626View attachment 5627
Hi well found on my car also think was probably knebworth or possibly cotswold wildlife park.
DGH 951S Is probably dark blue.

funchi

Well-known user
Hi jukebox (y) I am going with dark blue and Knebworth, I am getting a slight memory recall re Knebworth and I am 99% sure I have never been to Cotswold wildlife park.

jukebox

CCCUK Member
Hi jukebox (y) I am going with dark blue and Knebworth, I am getting a slight memory recall re Knebworth and I am 99% sure I have never been to Cotswold wildlife park.
Knebworth it is did look a bit like where we parked at cotswold park and as you say many years ago.
Good to see all the old pictures and memories

funchi

Well-known user
Hi does anyone have a clue where these photos were taken.

I wonder could it be Billing Aquadome.

There are lots of Corvettes in the back ground but I can’t see it being a CCCUK nationals as there are also rows of private cars in the back ground.

It could be the Goodwood festival of speed, as my next photos are from that event.

U-1.jpgU-2.jpgU-3.jpgU-4.jpgU-5.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Hi does anyone have a clue where these photos were taken.

I think the first ones are Knebworth Funchi. Pictures of a C4 ZR1 and the the David Lloyd Callaway (H14 VET (see above)). You were on the ball that day!? ;) Mmmm? Pictures of cars that don't start with a C or V and end in an E? :whistle:

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Chevrolet (y) I think I am losing the plot, the photos that I think could be Billing Aquadome or Goodwood festival of speed could be in the wrong order, but I am still not sure.

When I first read your post I thought you had cracked it, Knebworth House, and I had my photos in the wrong order.

I looked at what could be my Knebworth House photos and this may sound stupid, the grounds and trees in the back ground looked to be correct, and there are rows of private cars in the back ground also, but here is the problem, I am going to post the same car below from different sets of photos, the number plate surround is different, I can’t see why the owner would change the number plate surround on the same day or weekend, and even if I have been to Knebworth House I don't think I have been twice, did the CCCUK even go there twice.

OIJ 511 comes up as a 1964 Corvette which is still insured although the MOT ran out June 2018, this car does not need an MOT and has passed every MOT since 2009 so looks to be a nice Corvette.

I have just spotted the Corvette in one photo has a hardtop and in the other a soft-top, I know the back grounds is different but the owner may have been there for the weekend, the plot thickens.

I have not yet posted the photos from what could be Knebworth House because I don't want to influence anyone yet.

(;) Mmmm? Pictures of cars that don't start with a C or V and end in an E? :whistle:) Is this meant to drive me to drink :unsure:

U-11.jpgCN-124.jpg

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Funchi, Think you may have the photos/years mixed up? In the Vette ones I think are Knebworth, the black C4 ZR1 has a "J" reg. That makes it a 1991 reg?/so photos must be 1991 or later? The photos with "old" saloon cars has the latest reg. I can see on the red Golf ("B" reg/1985). On the red C2 above, also it has the red hardtop on in first pic, but soft top in pic 2. 1989 Nationals were at Beaulieu (were you there?). Next one I can remember attending was at Knebworth.

Last edited: