Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I remember the first time I saw the fab Custom Exotics C5 (S9EED) at the Nationals. Can't remember the year/where. They deserve a mention considering the great show winning cars they have produced. The first Euro spec C5 Bauer Millett had in 1997/At the Nationals, was Fairway (?) green with bronze wheels. Perhaps the car above?

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Yet more great photos Funchi.

Re the years.... All the photos on the previous page (those that often show a gazebo with the prominent USA flag, which was Kent's "base camp") before those at Huntington appear to be Knebworth 2004. I actually saw June and I and, our friend Gary from California in one pf the shots. That narrows it down, as he was staying with us in 2004, actually in France, but we came back for the Nationals and the Goodwood FoS.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
C6 ZR1 presentation for CCCUK members at the Fairmile pub in Cobham 2008:

Attachments

• 183.JPG
    183.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 186.JPG
    186.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 190.JPG
    190.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 5
  • 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 194.JPG
    194.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
That evening was a major coup for the CCCUK.

The ZR1 was on its way to a major European Show to be unveiled for the first time in Europe.

I was contacted by GM to see if we wanted to see it first. “Oh, go on then” I said. They wanted 100 Corvettes in attendance and all had to be CCCUK Members, so the plea had to be kept within the Club with everyone sworn to secrecy.

In ony two days, the whole thing was organised, but we only managed 75 cars!! Club Members had to show their membership cards to get in. Clearly, with the car destined for a major unveiling, we had to be very careful. The front splitter was not yet fitted for fear of damage during transportation.