Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

funchi

Well-known user
Daytona Vette wrote and I quote: - page 6

(ONE MORE THING - this pic shows something very very rare that you do not see on a C3 NOW, I have changed mine BUT WHAT IS IT- CAN ANYONE SPOT what I am talking about?)

Daytona Vette you are having a laugh :LOL: in your spot the difference quiz, your photo does not show the roof panels. :mad:

I think my answer tax disc was better, it may be wrong but better.

You Honour I did try to get the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the defendant.

I posed the question and I quote: - what do you mean by C3 NOW, what not ever fitted to a C3 from the factory.

The defendant replied and I quote: - (COME ON, CAN YOU SPOT the very very rare C3 item on my Vette when it was white)

That was not the answer to my question, what not ever fitted to a C3 from the factory.

I put it to you all, that Daytona Vette deliberately and woefully intended to mislead all of us, the photo the defendant relies on, does not show the roof panels, and unless I am blind, no Moon with or without cheese, and had the defendant answered truthfully he would have had to tell all of us that General Motors and I quote below:-

(Moonroofs- These tops were a hybrid top with a fibreglass perimeter and glass centre. Moonroof had a contract with GM in 1977 that eventually fell through due to rights and licensing disagreements. Moonroof went on in 1978 to sell the t-tops independently in the aftermarket.

Also the defendant cannot rely on and I quote: - (you mention factory, well one of the reasons for rare could well be to do with a fraught licence agreement with GM)

GM has many licence agreements fraught or otherwise fall through.

This was only submitted after when the defendant realised he was on unsafe ground, much like the sink hole in The National Corvette Museum Bowling Green.

Had we been allowed to see the roof panels, a lot less of us would have had square eyes :geek:.

I think the only punishment fit even in these uncertain times is to make Daytona Vette represent the Trabant 1975 owners club for a day, but I think it is only fair to all of you with square eyes :geek: do whatever you think fit, if I had my way I would be off to the pub.

PS very soon I am going to bore you even more, with more Corvette photos.

Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Daytona Vette wrote and I quote: - page 6

(ONE MORE THING - this pic shows something very very rare that you do not see on a C3 NOW, I have changed mine BUT WHAT IS IT- CAN ANYONE SPOT what I am talking about?)

Daytona Vette you are having a laugh :LOL: :ROFLMAO::D in your spot the difference quiz, your photo does not show the roof panels :mad:

I think my answer tax disc was better, it may be wrong but better.

You Honour I did try to get the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the defendant.

I posed the question and I quote: - what do you mean by C3 NOW, what not ever fitted to a C3 from the factory.

The defendant replied and I quote: - (COME ON, CAN YOU SPOT the very very rare C3 item on my Vette when it was white)

That was not the answer to my question, what not ever fitted to a C3 from the factory.

I put it to you all, that Daytona Vette deliberately and woefully intended to mislead all of us, the photo the defendant relies on, does not show the roof panels, and unless I am blind, no Moon with or without cheese, and had the defendant answered truthfully he would have had to tell all of us that General Motors and I quote below:-

(Moonroofs- These tops were a hybrid top with a fibreglass perimeter and glass centre. Moonroof had a contract with GM in 1977 that eventually fell through due to rights and licensing disagreements. Moonroof went on in 1978 to sell the t-tops independently in the aftermarket.

Also the defendant cannot rely on and I quote: - (you mention factory, well one of the reasons for rare could well be to do with a fraught licence agreement with GM)

GM has many licence agreements fraught or otherwise fall through.

This was only submitted after when the defendant realised he was on unsafe ground, much like the sink hole in The National Corvette Museum Bowling Green.

Had we been allowed to see the roof panels, a lot less of us would have had square eyes :geek:.

I think the only punishment fit even in these uncertain times is to make Daytona Vette represent the Trabant 1975 owners club for a day, but I think it is only fair to all of you with square eyes :geek: do whatever you think fit, if I had my way I would be off to the pub.

PS very soon I am going to bore you even more, with more Corvette photos.

Affidavit hereby sworn by Daytona Vette

The Plaintiff Funchi alledges that he has been disfavoured by Daytona Vette

The Plaintiff also contends that he is the rightful winner of the Quizicle set by Daytona Vette

Further the Plaintiff is alledging that the image supplied by Daytona Vette for the purposes of the Quizicle is devoid of that, which in itself is the essence of the Quizicle

Furthermore the Plaintiff is taking the Statements of Daytona Vette out of context

All the Statements of I, Daytona Vette, contained within the Forum Hosted by the Classic Corvette Club of the United Kingdom are proprietary statements of categorical fact

At no time has there been an image posted depicting Moon Roofs that is devoid of the said Moon Roofs

To the interrogative posed by the plaintiff “what do you mean by C3 NOW, what not ever fitted to a C3 from the factory” – The response was complete and categorical “you mention factory, well one of the reasons for rare could well be to do with a fraught licence agreement with GM)

The Plaintiff has researched and evidenced the facts stated by Daytona Vette confirming he is in affirmation of the fact that there was a licence agreement with the said GM

Furthermore the response to the Quizicle received from Stephen (KentVette) “Barry, does it have "Moon-Roofs?” is prima fascia and unequivocal evidence to the fact that the image in the Quizicle contains the said Moon Roofs

funchi

Well-known user
The statement

(The Plaintiff also contends that he is the rightful winner of the Quizicle set by Daytona Vette)

At no time did I state I thought I was the winner of the Quizicle, had I known the prize I may have chanced my arm.

It is no good trying to tie me up in with legalise or blame others, there were no Moonroofs ever on display or were there ever going to be.

I am now so upset I am going out for my one hour allowed exercise 15 minutes to the pub 30 minutes sitting outside all alone on the empty chairs and 15 minutes back, and not even a pint to console me.

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
I would be interested how many of you recognise this Corvette, and is the owner a CCCUK member it has a current MOT. I don’t think I have any photos of this Corvette.

I know a lot of you will recognise this 1980 Corvette from Tom Falconer’s excellent book Chevrolet Corvette, Tom was also an Architect.

I first looked at this Corvette when Claremont Corvette were in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tom was selling it on behalf of one of his customer a successful hairdresser.

This was a very nice White 1980 Corvette with Claret interior, the only reason I did not purchase the Corvette was because it had loads of In-Car Entertainment and us oldies will remember, you could have separate components like graphic equalizers etc, the owner had the lot, but each component was the size of a house brick, I was looking for an as original as possible Corvette.

I could be wicked and say I bet my early autographed book by Tom will be worth more money when Tom has passed away, but I better not as Tom purchased my 1980 Corvette for a price I was happy with, Tom told later he was surprised he could have sold it a few times over.

Just by chance I found it for sale again with Tom a good few later, this time I thought it was quite expensive for a 1980 Corvette, but I was out of touch with Corvettes by then.74.jpg75.jpg76.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
the only reason I did not purchase the Corvette was because it had loads of In-Car Entertainment and us oldies will remember, you could have separate components like graphic equalizers etc, the owner had the lot, but each component was the size of a house brick, I was looking for an as original as possible Corvette.

Have that book too Funchi. "Big stereo" didn't turn me off in 1989 when I bought my C4. IMG_1422.JPG;)

Roscobbc

Hmmmm - looks like the front door of a new washing machine - how could have ever work properly with the rear window at a 45 degree angle directly above the speaker array?

funchi

Well-known user
I am amazed how the post Bangers & Cash has taken of. I hope Corvette owners will see their car.

It is great to read the replies, I hope we get more.

It will be interesting to find out what has happened to these Corvettes over the years, and how many are still owned by the same person.

I know Keith still owns KSB 3.

It was great to read Daytona Vette’s knowledge of UK Daytona Corvettes, and how he was able to join up the dots for me about the stunning
White 8744 BP Daytona Corvette now his Daytona Corvette, and how Daytona Vette has morphed it into BJI 906 which is in my opinion an even more stunning Daytona Corvette.

Keep them coming.

Last edited:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I don't know where the car is now, but I also have that book! And, many others of Tom's, almost all autographed. Our car came from him back in 1990 and as we only lived few miles away, we got to know he and Polly well. He has laterly been involved with the NCRS UK Chapter, of which I was a founder member, so worked with him in that. When we re-registered the Corvette over here, Tom actually personally delivered a set of licesne plates to us here, so I could retain the "Claremont Corvette" logo on the new plates!

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Daytona Vette (y) just read your reply again (Hemmings are on line - the wide body pic has an unusual hood with only one turbo vent).

Before I post the odd reply I try and check some facts on Google first and found out Hemmings are still around.

It was so long ago that I had looked at that Red Corvette picture I had not noticed only one turbo vent, being a retired carpenter that would have annoyed the hell out of me I like everything symmetrical.

Last edited:

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
The statement

(The Plaintiff also contends that he is the rightful winner of the Quizicle set by Daytona Vette)

At no time did I state I thought I was the winner of the Quizicle, had I known the prize I may have chanced my arm.

It is no good trying to tie me up in with legalise or blame others, there were no Moonroofs ever on display or were there ever going to be.

I am now so upset I am going out for my one hour allowed exercise 15 minutes to the pub 30 minutes sitting outside all alone on the empty chairs and 15 minutes back, and not even a pint to console me. :p
Dear Funchi
Whilst you were on your lonely sojourn to the pub for you 15 mins exercise, I was exercising both my left arm and my right arm in the garage - my left arm was holding the glass of champagne and my right arm was polishing the newly acquired DB5 that I have just purchased at the right price due to covid - 19.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I would be interested how many of you recognise this Corvette, and is the owner a CCCUK member it has a current MOT. I don’t think I have any photos of this Corvette.

I know a lot of you will recognise this 1980 Corvette from Tom Falconer’s excellent book Chevrolet Corvette, Tom was also an Architect.

I first looked at this Corvette when Claremont Corvette were in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tom was selling it on behalf of one of his customer a successful hairdresser.

This was a very nice White 1980 Corvette with Claret interior, the only reason I did not purchase the Corvette was because it had loads of In-Car Entertainment and us oldies will remember, you could have separate components like graphic equalizers etc, the owner had the lot, but each component was the size of a house brick, I was looking for an as original as possible Corvette.

I could be wicked and say I bet my early autographed book by Tom will be worth more money when Tom has passed away, but I better not as Tom purchased my 1980 Corvette for a price I was happy with, Tom told later he was surprised he could have sold it a few times over.

Just by chance I found it for sale again with Tom a good few later, this time I thought it was quite expensive for a 1980 Corvette, but I was out of touch with Corvettes by then.View attachment 4843View attachment 4844View attachment 4845
Hi Fuchi you do go back in time well, if you knew Tom for his days in Newcastle like I do when I was desperately seeking to purchase an 80 model shape in 82 when they just were not around, it was calls to Tom and Ray at Corvette Kingdom.
I have the Book also, for some reason I believed (true or not) that the car on the front cover was the Vette that Tom was driving around in at the time
It may not be a 1980 - it has the "Collectors Edition" opening rear hatch only available as an option in 82
It could be earlier with a conversion Ecklers did a kit, but unlikely

Our Cars and Rock Stars
I found my 80 (L82) black with oyster leather fully loaded with every thing; Mirror Tops, Gymkana suspension, Goodyear Eagle Gt 255s etc and got beaten to the draw, by some one else, I found the buyer and got him to part with it 2 weeks later, I gave him 1K more than he had just paid for it - he was Gary Dunnage Lead Guitarist with Thunder Clap Newman, they had the number one "something in the air"

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Forrest Gump did you take that photo a few months ago because I can recognise a Moonroof when I see one or is that two.

I think that was the first night I had ever gone to the Essex Corvette meet at The Red Lion Margaretting, is that the same night the steam car was there, I came in my Green TR6.

If I am correct that was the same night as a once a year classic car show I never knew anything about but was really good.

Classic’s on the Green, Galleywood Common Essex outside The Horse & Groom, a pub I never knew was there and only 3 miles from The Red Lion, and far too busy to get a pint, there were some fantastic cars that night and at least one Corvette.

Talk about a small world you have Kevin’s 1982 Corvette in the photo, the only reason I know Kevin would you believe I garage my TR6 in the same blocks of garages Kevin does in Gidea Park Essex. Kevin is another real petrol head he also owns some type of Japanese flying machine, I know very little about Japanese cars so don’t know what it is.

Last edited: