C3 Race Car Build

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Now that is more like it
35 seconds, where others are 1 minute plus

Be better if they ran one direction and then the other direction and then averaged time/speed

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
That sounds like a great idea, and there always a good crowd of CCCUK spectators at Brand Hatch Speedfest, same at Oulton Park I dare say. I hope it attracts a good field.
Ross- entrants will need a racing licence, or it would be carnage!!!!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Hows that going to work?.......no race licenses?............Hmmmm....... a whole bunch of Vette owners let 'loose' on a race circuit............I can visualise many tears as the cars start running in to each other?
It’s a race series so a race license is required

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I expect they’ve got their reasons for not doing so, but the 70 Years of Corvette race would be quite a spectacle if it was open to all Corvette generations rather than only 1 to 3. There‘s a C5 that competes in the UK, there must be other later race cars here or on the continent.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I did think that too. There’s a few C5/6 racing in Europe. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a C4 though. Might be something to do with performance difference. I’d imagine they’ll make up the numbers with other makes. It’s just one race on a bigger programme. I’ve sent them an expression of interest so we’ll see.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Calendar for next year’s Classic Hillclimb Championship
26th March – Loton Park
22nd/ 23rd April – Prescott
6th May – Shelsley
13th May – Loton Park
27th May- Prescott
17th June - Gurston Down
8th July – Prescott
5th August – Harewood
17th September - Curborough
7th October- Prescott

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Got the diff housing out last week
1786C503-02CF-425E-BE09-D0F0013AD46D.jpeg
Posi out
0B2F70B4-C767-4FCA-A206-E1D60DC1934C.jpeg

And adjusted as it’s now run in and I also thought there was a bit too much axle end float. Added two 10 thou shims to the clutch packs and it feels tighter. End float down to about 6-8 thou too.

16895816-6C93-4383-86CF-720B47E8147F.jpeg

New crown wheel on
5ABADE6D-39BA-482C-BF8D-EA167308A3A2.jpeg

Together and checked for contact patch. Not right so will disassemble and reduce the pinion shims

C4D7B0E6-D540-4775-9643-66DDECF3C142.jpeg