C3 Race Car Build

antijam

CCCUK Member
Arses have gotten bigger while garages have remained the same size 😂
Certainly have! Shelsley's stalls were designed for more vintage rears, maybe like this.....

shelsley.jpg

...and even then, the fit was 'snug'. Oh, and a round of applause to anyone who can work out what it is.

(Best of luck up the hill Tim) 🤞

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Certainly have! Shelsley's stalls were designed for more vintage rears, maybe like this.....

View attachment 19181

...and even then, the fit was 'snug'. Oh, and a round of applause to anyone who can work out what it is.

(Best of luck up the hill Tim) 🤞
Allard maybe ??? Looks a like a classic Bluemells steering wheel too . I remember the factory in Northampton near the railway station when I was a lad . It`s a block of flats now !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It`s the twin tail pipes that have me stumped , that`s why I went for a V8 Allard . How about a Frazer Nash with twin pipes ???

antijam

CCCUK Member
It`s the twin tail pipes that have me stumped , that`s why I went for a V8 Allard . How about a Frazer Nash with twin pipes ???
Good thinking Chuffer - you're right that the twin tail pipes would suggest a V8 (although a bit small for an american lump) and the body was designed as an homage to the Frazer-Nash Le Mans Replica. It's an unfair question really since the car is a Special. It started out as one of these......

7P6A8333-001.jpg

......(not this one - that's mine) It was owned by Sean Mooney, a Director of Turrino Wire Wheels. He wrote the original body off in a crash and commissioned Project Heaven to fit a (very expensive!) new body, very much on the lines of the Frazer-Nash. The frontal aspect is more of a giveaway.......

P1280648.JPG
.....since it sports the grille from the Daimler engined Jaguar MK 2 Saloon. Underneath the car is pretty standard SP250 and fitted of course with Turrino wheels. It made a great noise up Shelsley! :) (y)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Great to hear you're a winner and had lots of fun !

How was the tranny shifting issue ?
What was your average MPH speed ?
tranny seems good,

im not sure on average speed it’s not a figure that comes out in the results sheets. I’ll have to work it out

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
tranny seems good,

im not sure on average speed it’s not a figure that comes out in the results sheets. I’ll have to work it out

If their website is correct, the road length is 1,000 yards (3,000) feet
If my back in the old days' math is still correct, then ?

Math36.58 SecSpeed = Distance/Time
1000Track Length in Yards
3000In Feet
82.0MPH