C3 Race Car Build

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Oh, like here in Texas when it can be 105 F deg weather with sun out with high UV warnings and heat index 115 deg

Suddenly clouds build, goes black and open up to flood ground, streets, etc for like 10 minutes and then stops
Sun back out and still 105 deg and water gone 5 minutes later with humidity at 90% plus

Roscobbc

Yep, that's it - 'er indoors went out earlier this morning - we'd washed all our bedding the old way - so in the machine and an hour later its all ready to dry.......now most people use a tumble drier, fine in winter when its cold and wet......in the summer 'natural' drying is perhaps the answer......so hang it all out on the washing line outside and depending on the temperature and wind level it can be dry in anywhere between 20 minutes and a couple of hours max............'er indoors left me in charge of the washing.....if it rains or looks like its gonna rain bring it indoors she said. Well I was sitting in the kitchen and wondered what the soft roaring noise outside was.........yep it was chucking it down. By the time I got it back indoors the washing was far, far wetter than when it came out of the washing machine.......I was drenched through....and in trouble with 'er indoors.

phild

CCCUK Member
Yep, that's it - 'er indoors went out earlier this morning - we'd washed all our bedding the old way - so in the machine and an hour later its all ready to dry.......now most people use a tumble drier, fine in winter when its cold and wet......in the summer 'natural' drying is perhaps the answer......so hang it all out on the washing line outside and depending on the temperature and wind level it can be dry in anywhere between 20 minutes and a couple of hours max............'er indoors left me in charge of the washing.....if it rains or looks like its gonna rain bring it indoors she said. Well I was sitting in the kitchen and wondered what the soft roaring noise outside was.........yep it was chucking it down. By the time I got it back indoors the washing was far, far wetter than when it came out of the washing machine.......I was drenched through....and in trouble with 'er indoors.

Just got an extra thorough rinse. :)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Got the timing set and checked all fastenings are still done up but not had chance to test drive it other than up and down the drive, all gears and the clutch work!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Looks like cheap track entry itself costs for doing the whole weekend

What is Elevation ?
About what the weather temps are ?
Do they run both directions ?
How many runs can you do each day ?
Little over 1/2 mile long ?
About then 140 MPH average speed ?
Depending on rear end gear, ratio, use 3rd gear ?

SWT.jpg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Elevation at the bottom is close to sea level.
Nowhere near 140 in a Corvette. Itโ€™s very narrow and tight. Lucky to hit 100 at the two fastest points. It is steep. Itโ€™s the oldest motorsport venue in the world, when it started the idea was to see if a car could actually get to the top! Only run up the hill.

Weather could be anything from 10c to 30c with a high likelihood of rain being England. Top S is under trees so often slippy.

1st and 2nd for me, back axle is set up for circuit racing.

Someone a bit better than me