C3 totalled!

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Yikes! Sorry to see that and I hope nobody was hurt. 😕
Good luck getting it sorted...

Roscobbc

Whoops......looks like a side swipe against a wall? ...... Eminently repairable though I'd have thought?

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Only pride was hurt.... but thanks
And yea 180° in the wet off a roundabout.... the armco won the argument!
Apparently, although it appears not bad Ive two (well respected companies) that say no....

Rich

Administrator
Alan, this is terrible. Your lovely C3. Is it definately a write off? Be such a shame if you lost it.

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
The body has shifted and closed shut lines and more cracks are appearing since it happened last week! Not even looked underneath yet!

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Nah, too much of a clichè! 😉
Not even sure if replacing with another just yet or ever....spent sooo much time with that one!
12 months at night school learning how to recover the seats, bringing calipers, steering, hoses, etc back from numerous Florida hols in suitcases, then hours and hours underneath replacing, a gearbox rebuild, suspension upgraded, trip to 24hr Le Mans and soooo much more....
She done well and now
Beyond gutted!

BigVet

Supporting vendor
We have a full rolling frame which will be right for your car if it is of interest. You can call Adrian on 01507 450699.
Tom, Dromey Corvettes.

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
We have a full rolling frame which will be right for your car if it is of interest. You can call Adrian on 01507 450699.
Tom, Dromey Corvettes.
Contacted Adrian today, pleasant and helpful as always, he has a rolling chassis that will be available soon if i need it.
A complete shell would be better though! 😏
So if anyone knows of.... 😎

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Must have been properly wet to get a spin like that on a roundabout. Hope you manage to get it all fixed up.

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Finally got the confirmation from an assessor on Friday that the insurance HAD to send (as i dont think they believed the quotes)
and that it IS beyond economical repair....😥

Total Loss contacted me this pm (Monday) with offer
Guaranteed £13k as agreed in Jan, but of course they have all jumped up since then so Im well short....😣
Comparables are £15k upwards (most are £18k +)
The real kicker is.....salvage has been put at £6400!!!

So they made decision for me, the vettes going.....and ill need to draw a line under this and move on....

Moral of this is
1) DO NOT CRASH (obviously) unless its a little one 😉😂

2) Allow a bigger contingency percentage on your estimated final value, than you think it might be worth!
It appears its only a few £'s extra for each £1000 added.

3) Salvage has also gone up (others I have spoke to, said it used to be around 20%) Mine came in at 50%.....
So DO NOT expect your pride and joy at a price you can make good and run about with again!
Hope this helps someone...
Drive safe and enjoy them for as long as you can guys!
Cheers

Roscobbc

Finally got the confirmation from an assessor on Friday that the insurance HAD to send (as i dont think they believed the quotes)
and that it IS beyond economical repair....😥

Total Loss contacted me this pm (Monday) with offer
Guaranteed £13k as agreed in Jan, but of course they have all jumped up since then so Im well short....😣
Comparables are £15k upwards (most are £18k +)
The real kicker is.....salvage has been put at £6400!!!

So they made decision for me, the vettes going.....and ill need to draw a line under this and move on....

Moral of this is
1) DO NOT CRASH (obviously) unless its a little one 😉😂

2) Allow a bigger contingency percentage on your estimated final value, than you think it might be worth!
It appears its only a few £'s extra for each £1000 added.

3) Salvage has also gone up (others I have spoke to, said it used to be around 20%) Mine came in at 50%.....
So DO NOT expect your pride and joy at a price you can make good and run about with again!
Hope this helps someone...
Drive safe and enjoy them for as long as you can guys!
Cheers
I'd be very tempted to contest that salvage value......you'd be making things easy for them......rather than the uncertainty of hoping a buyer will pay their salvage valuation.

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Thats how I thought it worked too, but it appears there's a list of BIG breakers that guarantee to pay the cost thats sitting on a transporter that turns up every week! From burnt out shells, to bent up supercars, so haggling seems futile.
Just hope to have made you guys aware.... but please revisit your policies, just in case
Cheers

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'd contest it too. When I had car damaged (not my fault) many years ago, they revalued it low and gave me pathetic amounts. So I contested and so forth. The thing is, the longer you drag it on, the more they have to pay for storage costs of your car as they can't do anything with it until you agree. So its costing them to store it, so after a while they'll be happy to be rid of it.

I know yours has an agreed value, so different here, but the point is the same - drag it out and then they'll be happier to be more flexible on things as its costing them money.

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Thanks, I see the sense, however its at mine so they have no real costs. I made them aware in beginning, that it was staying there until settled as they wanted to collect straight away