Welcome to the new CCCUK website!
Our old website is still available but no longer open for new posts. Click here to visit it. Click here for more information.
If you're not already a member of the CCCUK, join now!

C5 - When your A/C display is dim

dskopp

Regular user
When you have a dim readout on your A/C modual for your C-5, the common problem is that the soder has become broken. It need to be re-sodered. Take the modual out of the dash and it will be the uppermost circuit board. Need help? Just ask me!

Le Vette

CCCUK regional rep
I had this a year or two back, and it's a relatively simple fix for anyone who's handy with a soldering iron. Worth knowing!

dskopp

Regular user
Ya, it is pretty much a simple fix. Just gotta be patient and take your time doing it!! Easy to damage parts if not handled carefully!

teamzr1

Well-known user
I have had to re-solder the resister packs on several HVAC controllers for C5s

Notice below on image of 1 I worked on to be sure to re-solder the five ones I show
Very little time to you doing this rather then big bucks finding a replacement

Attachments

dskopp

Regular user
When you have a dim readout on your A/C modual for your C-5, the common problem is that the soder has become broken. It need to be re-sodered. Take the modual out of the dash and it will be the uppermost circuit board. Need help? Just ask me!
I took the mod out, relatively easy. Doing the sodering was the hard part. Just have to be patient with yourself but otherwise a piece of cake to do (easy!).