C6 rocker arm bearings ?

Fatbloke-Dim

Busy user
I have an SLP ZL 465 kit fitted to my '06. The rocker arm bearings are not ageing too gracefully .The issue now, not surprisingly, is that info on these parts is pretty well non-existent. The rockers are 1.85 ratio . What I'm trying to find out, is whether the roller bearings are the same outer diameter as stock rockers. If so , this allows me several replacement/upgrade options , I would rather keep everything as installed with the kit, as going back to stock may be opening another can or worms. I've eaten enough worms lately ! If I can find out the size of these bearings without having to pull a rocker and dismembering it to measure, that would be just great . Now don't y'zll get upset if I ask if metric measurements are available, that's easier, but I do still work in old money / inches !!
Thanks so much for any pointers on this one, it's been a bit of a saga..........

Oneball

CCCUK Member
You need to take it apart. Quite often with roller rockers the shaft has failed too. IMHO by the time you’ve fannied around with 16 of them you might as well have bought a new set.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You need to take it apart. Quite often with roller rockers the shaft has failed too. IMHO by the time you’ve fannied around with 16 of them you might as well have bought a new set.

I agree as the stock ones are designed differently as they have a separate mount on top of a flat bar
where 3rd party roller rockers are on a mounting round pivot pole
The Comp CAMs 18.5 ratio gold rockers I use is totally different shape

1071-1-web_miva.jpg
Better replacing the rockers before beating up the top of the push rods or worse bending them
Stock design and bad bearings I have seen

c5rockers.jpgls7rocker.jpgbadrockerls7.jpgorgrebelrocker.jpg

Last edited:

Fatbloke-Dim

Busy user
1.85 rockers are hard to come by. I have fund out that the C.H.E. bronze bushing upgrade will fit stock rockers, and those with a similar sized bearing . The SLP ones are different in that they are already circlipped together , and apparently the bronze bush kit does not need to be pressed into place, being a sliding fit. All I have to do now is maybe take a rocker off to measure the bearing housing and see if it same as stock . The C.H.E. kit is an easy DIY proposition. I don't want to go back to stockers, as SLP springs, retainers and keepers are part of the package, and may not play well with stock rockers. Also there's a re-map to work with all the kit, too.So , as for fannying about - which I can do at Olympian level - it's no drama , so long as parts can be found .And there's the rub..........

Fatbloke-Dim

Busy user
Comp Cams to the rescue ! The SLP rockers have the same bearing dimensions as stockers, so a trunnion upgrade kit did the job, the existing bearings were deffo tired, but now all is good . LS7 lifters,from Morel , Brian Tooley Racing uprated pushrods, and the trunnion set have got things back to snuff. Now, about this 'ere weather ..........