CARS America, Hailsham

phild

CCCUK Member
Does anyone know how to contact John Simmons, owner of CARS America of Hailsham, East Sussex?

Business premises now closed and empty, no response to e mails, no telephone and website taken down.

John has my Corvette and, most likely, several others vehicles and I would like it back.

HJG

Well-known user
All I can find is a landline phone number 01825 722641 and email address americancars1@btconnect.com
In addition to the Hailsham address, the Internet also lists an address at Unit 24a, Bluebell Business Estate, Sheffield Park, UCKFIELD, TN22 3HQ

phild

CCCUK Member
All I can find is a landline phone number 01825 722641 and email address americancars1@btconnect.com
In addition to the Hailsham address, the Internet also lists an address at Unit 24a, Bluebell Business Estate, Sheffield Park, UCKFIELD, TN22 3HQ
Thanks for trying HGJ
There is no response to e mails although I know they are being received at his server end. The number is not being used and the Sheffield Park address is the one previous to Station Road Industrial Park Hailsham.

I was hoping to get this sorted sensibly but I will probably have to go to the authorities later this week if there is still no response.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Might be worth contacting Surrey Mustang Owners Club who may know something as he had been advertising with them,

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Does anyone know how to contact John Simmons, owner of CARS America of Hailsham, East Sussex?

Business premises now closed and empty, no response to e mails, no telephone and website taken down.

John has my Corvette and, most likely, several others vehicles and I would like it back.
Ooh thats scary! Hope you get things sorted, do you know if your vette is in the premises or been moved somewhere else? If its there you should re posess it some how . You cant steal your own car , its too late once he moves it. Good luck 😬👍

phild

CCCUK Member
Latest update. Premises were vacated a while back and all the cars it contained removed to places unknown. Unable to make contact as phone messages and e mails not answered. Finally got a lawyer on the case and a search agency found Simmons private address but there is no response when visited by agents and neighbours know nothing about his whereabouts.

Legal letter/e mail making an offer to return the car to conclude matter not responded to. Now gone full legal with Police and Insurance involved.

There must be several others in the same boat as me and I'm sure whoever they are will be taking action also so we'll see.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
very sorry to hear what has happened to you. Have heard/read of this happening a number of times over the years in various publications.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Latest update. Premises were vacated a while back and all the cars it contained removed to places unknown. Unable to make contact as phone messages and e mails not answered. Finally got a lawyer on the case and a search agency found Simmons private address but there is no response when visited by agents and neighbours know nothing about his whereabouts.

Legal letter/e mail making an offer to return the car to conclude matter not responded to. Now gone full legal with Police and Insurance involved.

There must be several others in the same boat as me and I'm sure whoever they are will be taking action also so we'll see.
What a shyster ! Hope you find the whereabouts of your vette, what year and model is it? Do you still retain the documents ?
such a shame that there are people like this about, no excuses , he should never have moved it anywhere without your say so, the fact he is unreachable makes it look more and more like a pre meditated criminal act. Hope he gets what he deserves and you and any others get your property back.
🤞

phild

CCCUK Member
What a shyster ! Hope you find the whereabouts of your vette, what year and model is it? Do you still retain the documents ?
such a shame that there are people like this about, no excuses , he should never have moved it anywhere without your say so, the fact he is unreachable makes it look more and more like a pre meditated criminal act. Hope he gets what he deserves and you and any others get your property back.
🤞
Its a '69 L:71 (427/435 six pack) convertible in Le Mans metallic blue with brand new dark blue leather upholstery and a new dark blue fabric roof. so not too many around. I have all the documents, V5 etc and its history. It was nearing completion when I last saw it earlier this year and was looking forward to showing it at a few events.

I can't see it being sold as a whole in this country and best guess is its stripped for spares but I've kept my eyes on ebay etc and nothing has appeared yet. Given the amount of cars that were in the workshop is that they've been containered aboard somewhere, but until Simmons is found it remains a mystery.

Roscobbc

Lets hope the police are taking it seriously and not coming up with some feeble excuses to put it on the 'back burner' - the fact that there appear to be several other cars affected is good (can't see them being too bothered for one car) - I'm sure the police will have been able to secure permission and access bank, credit card and utilities accounts to try and locate the proprietor. Is it actually reported as being stolen?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Obviously a bit of planning has gone into his disappearance, cars gone, sort of untraceable etc. hopefully he will get what he deserves, and you and the others will get your cars back. Doesn’t look too promising at the moment tho I’m sorry to say.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
These scum bags need knee capping our worse . I really feel you and if it was me I would track to him down until hell froze over . Then take him for a paddle in deep water with cement slippers . 👿 You can be sure the plod will be worse than useless !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In these modern times, Messages, texts, email and even good old fashioned telephone calls take no time at all. Owners could have been informed of any situation very easily. To just disappear with cars does appear to be intent to steal. Hopefully he’s not as good at disappearing as he was in moving the cars, and will be traced by the authorities.

phild

CCCUK Member
Another address I believe to be or was his.
Unit 24a Bluebell Business Est
TN22 3HQ
Uckfield
Thanks James but that's his previous address to the one in Hailsham. Anyhow the Police are taking it seriously and I already have his personal address, bank details etc so they may have more luck getting to him than my civilian endeavours.

The insurers will likely have a good try as well since its quite a valuable vehicle. Thanks for the comments and I'll keep updating. If you know of anyone else affected then I'll be glad to pass on any information I have. There's two others that I'm in touch with so far.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
What’s the insurance companies point of view? Are they/will they treat it as a theft and start to process “your “ claim? Will they decide to “wait and see” before they start a claim process. Either way, can you make sure you are given first refusal on the car if it is eventually found.