corvette models wanted

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That looks like Goathland.
I know the garage you mean , been there too and got some old colour print photos I took somewhere . But I re - wrote history as many railway modellers do and my layout is based on a `what might have been ` branch line to Nefyn on the Lleyn Peninsular in North Wales if plans had not been dropped in 1861 .

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
How 'Off Topic' do you have to get before the Authorities send in the Riot Police around here?
Its complete Anarchy i tell you :D

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
How 'Off Topic' do you have to get before the Authorities send in the Riot Police around here?
Its complete Anarchy i tell you :D
We can go a lot more off piste than this ! Trust me . :LOL:
Hold up.. late Fifties... wheres the Corvette?
I was waiting for someone to say that ! I think a C1 would have been a bit too extreme for the local Welsh Methodist`s in the sleepy North Wales of the late 1950`s ! The Austin Healey 3000 causes enough of a furore as it is . :eek: :LOL: See , we are back on piste now talking about Corvettes . (y)

kentvette

CCCUK Member
So I won't go back a few posts and mention my Series IIA Land Rover that I ran for a summer in 1976 or 77?! 😊 A "truck cab" that I unbolted and left off except for overnight to keep the seats dry! Great fun, but it needed a lot of work to get an MOT, and I was lucky to unload it to one of our traders for what I paid for it!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Ross , not sure if the `live steam ` are still made by Hornby . I would have to research . I know they were rather complex and very expensive . Maybe the H&S police decided having a small bomb running around your living room was too dangerous . :ROFLMAO: .......
It could be worse - every so often I have a little "steam-up" here, with the Mamod "fleet" - all that Meths and fuel tablets around the Corvette and the "Roller Skate", not to mention the can of Nitro fuel for the RC Corvette!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
So I won't go back a few posts and mention my Series IIA Land Rover that I ran for a summer in 1976 or 77?! 😊 A "truck cab" that I unbolted and left off except for overnight to keep the seats dry! Great fun, but it needed a lot of work to get an MOT, and I was lucky to unload it to one of our traders for what I paid for it!
Well you have mentioned it now :LOL: . That sounds a hoot with no cab , must have felt like the SAS Land Rovers bombing about in the desert !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It could be worse - every so often I have a little "steam-up" here, with the Mamod "fleet" - all that Meths and fuel tablets around the Corvette and the "Roller Skate", not to mention the can of Nitro fuel for the RC Corvette!!
A recipe for a big BOOM if you aske me . :eek: I can well remember the Christmas present as boy when I got a Meccano steam engine just like the Mamod ones . On Boxing Day I built it into a big Meccano crane and fired it up on the dining room table . I left it un attended for a while to brew up steam pressure and came back to find the safety valve lifting and blowing a jet of steam up to the ceiling ! Mother was not impressed ! :rolleyes:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Hi Captain, After 31 years of playing with the 12 ins to the foot scale railway I now keep myself amused with the 00 gauge version . :) I did toy with the idea years ago of building a layout in the loft but the trusses are A frame type so severely hamper space . I have to make do with a 7 ` 6" long `fiddle yard` style layout in my Den ( aka third bedroom).
It still took 10 years to complete though !!! Cars and working on the full scale locos taking up so much time . Had a few frustrations with the build at times but hugely enjoyable overall . The out of sync linkages are called coupling rods and part of what is collectively known as the pistons and valve gear motion . It could be the worm gear drive from the motor worn and caused a driving wheel to slip out of sync . I have had this happen on older models . Or simply a coupling rod screw dropped out .
I have a Mainline Models GWR liveried Collett 0-6-0 No. 3205 that is hardly used and virtually mint despite having bought it at a Swap Meet many years ago . Its free to a good home if want it . No box I`m afraid though ! I only bought it because because it was a loco I worked on when I first joined the Severn Valley Railway but is not `in period` for my late 1950`s era layout . It just sits in a cupboard as my display cabinets are nearly full and I still have 6 more model loco kits to build ! Plus a 1980 Corvette C3 and a Hertz Shelby Mustang to build . Even lock downs didn`t get that lot built . :(
PM me if you are interested or want to chat more about your layout . Happy to help .
That's amazing the detail you have on your layout. Mine is only just beginning - laying out the baseboard around the loft frames is "fun", and takes me a while to do. But I'm intending on making a feature of it all at some point. Its very slow progress as I never had a lockdown, got car's to tinker with, usual work, decorating two houses and lots of other priorities going on. It'll happen when it happens.
Coincidentally, one of the locos I was hoping to fit first is a Mainline 57xx pannier tank. I think the motor has expired, but I need to take it apart properly. The other one with the weird linkage problem I was reading on the internet the other day where people suggested the wheels were slipping in the stub axle in the middle causing the wheels to get out of sync. Solution is to line it all up and re-glue the wheels to the stub axle. Something else to look at anyway at some point.
My layout is going to be mostly steam, but no specific era - pretty much just a fantasy setting of various eras of steam engine (and some diesel due to the fact I have them from when I was a wee lad). If your Mainline loco isn't being used then I'd love to chuck you some beer money for it and have it roaming my "random trains" track. And yes, I realise that most railway modellers would be upset with me having such a mix. But hey, I'm just starting in the hobby, have weird ideas, and at the moment I'm trying to do it on a budget using stuff I already have, or everyday items I can make stuff with.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Captain , don`t worry what other people think , just enjoy your new found hobby . I am not sure how Private Mail works on the Forum but PM me your email address if you like and we can chat without boring all the other guys here ! You most welcome to have the Mainline loco for the price of a pint or two and it will make perfect company for your Pannier tank . Slipping wheels on the axle was the one obvious thing I forgot to mention .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Hi Captain , don`t worry what other people think , just enjoy your new found hobby . I am not sure how Private Mail works on the Forum but PM me your email address if you like and we can chat without boring all the other guys here ! You most welcome to have the Mainline loco for the price of a pint or two and it will make perfect company for your Pannier tank . Slipping wheels on the axle was the one obvious thing I forgot to mention .
Thanks Chuffer. I PM'd you a message yesterday after typing my message above and then thought "Hmmm... probably boring other people here, I best PM Chuffer instead". I'll PM you my email addy as well now.

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
Coming out in 1/18 scale these three new resin models from ACME diecast. None of the doors, hood or trunk open, but these three have a great historical mening for Corvette. As #3 won it's class back in 1960, as belonged to the famed Briggs Cunningham racing team.

Attachments

• detail_RAR18011_1.jpg
    detail_RAR18011_1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 3
  • detail_RAR18012_2.jpg
    detail_RAR18012_2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 3
  • detail_RAR18013_2.jpg
    detail_RAR18013_2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Coming out in 1/18 scale these three new resin models from ACME diecast. None of the doors, hood or trunk open, but these three have a great historical mening for Corvette. As #3 won it's class back in 1960, as belonged to the famed Briggs Cunningham racing team.
I will put that on my Birthday pressie list . (y)

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Coming out in 1/18 scale these three new resin models from ACME diecast. None of the doors, hood or trunk open...

Thats the problem with £200 AutoArt models, you know all the detail is there, suspension, engine bay, interior, underside etc, but you never see it once its locked away in the glass display cabinet.

TimP

CCCUK Member
Walking through Brighton on Wednesday I found a model shop with this in the window...
Revell-C3-1.jpg
It's an 'easy build' variety for less experienced modelers and has no working parts (bit like mine really).
However, not bad value for a tenner although someone has fitted a live rear axle to this one....:)
Revell-C3-2.JPG

antijam

CCCUK Member
This is pretty much my entire model collection......

P1370231.JPG

With advancing years I find it useful to remind me that I have the real ones in the garage....:unsure:🙂

I do also have this....

P1070098.JPG
I've no idea what it's trying to represent. I found it browsing through a local junk shop s few years ago. It's certainly pre-war as the tyres are tinplate like the rest of the model. Later models had rubber tyres. You've got to admit though, it's got the look. :cool: