Corvette Nationals 2021

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Not my favourite colour for a Trans Am, but with the red interior and T-Tops it does look nice. Of course the Black /Gold is immortalised on film, but some of the other colours are fantastic.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In those days, imported vehicles got the latest registration at the time of registering . So if a 1977 car was registered in 1981, it got a W reg. this practice went on for decades.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
You can apply to the DVLA to have a age related plate applied to your car. Many owners have done this, I have also done it a few times.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They are not factory correct. Colour coded snowflakes were only available on the firebirds “birds of colour” series. Skybird blue inserts, redbird red inserts and yellowbird yellow inserts. On those models they looked nice.
It’s also missing the Trans Am wing/fender decals under the vents, and I think a nose T/A decal

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My dad was once driving a 79 T/A up to Newcastle, and the Phoenix suddenly flew off the hood. He noticed it lifting on one edge then whoosh it was gone.

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember the replacement cost a LOT of money. Had to be proper GM, no aftermarket copies in those days, and of course no internet. Ordered it from Lendrum and Hartman.