Corvette Nationals 2021

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
See on the Facebook page, that (paid up) members need to apply for/download an emailed (free) ticket for the event. Quote:

"IMPORTANT- NATIONALS INFORMATION:
As Sunday Show Day is one day before the Covid restrictions are lifted the event needs to be (primarily) by advance ticket, this is for all attendees, CCCUK members, non members showing cars & spectators.
Getting tickets is REALLY easy
👍
simply click on the link below, select:
CCCUK member (you'll need your membership No.) Non Member Showing (£10 per car + booking fee, 50% goes to our nominated charity, Keech Hospice)
Spectator (£5per adult + booking fee, U12 free, 50% goes to our nominated charity, Keech Hospice)
Complete the details section and the tickets will arrive via email to your inbox, print out and bring with you
👍

(Ad hoc walk-ins WILL be allowed on the day)"

If you click on the photo in that post by Julian, it takes you to the the booking website. Can't remember seeing those instructions on here, unless I have missed something?

Last edited:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
See on the Facebook page, that (paid up) members need to apply for/download an emailed (free) ticket for the event. Quote:
If you click on the photo in that post by Julian, it takes you to the the booking website. Can't remember seeing those instructions on here, unless I have missed something?

I dont understand.. that info was posted on Facebook 2 days ago but not on here?
Its only on here now because you stumbled upon it and shared it here (unless im missing it as well).
Whats going on???.. Its definitely not April 1st, im genuinely confused!

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
I dont understand.. that info was posted on Facebook 2 days ago but not on here?
Its only on here now because you stumbled upon it and shared it here (unless im missing it as well).
Whats going on???.. Its definitely not April 1st, im genuinely confused!
I haven't seen it on here either but I did get an email with the info and a link to the ticket site.

Roscobbc

One of the things perhaps that we should all be doing now is tabling questions about topics like this (in advance as has been recommended) for discussion and perhaps decisions at the Saturday AGM.
If our committee members are not visting this forum on a regular basis how else will they get to know the forum users thoughts and comments?
Our Chairman Rich Rogers looks-in on this forum quite regularly and checks-outs that all is OK and that everyone's behaving themselves...........
TBH I am not sure how many others from the CCCUK committee visit the forum or post on it - a number of regional reps do post on these pages regularly.
As Derek and Bobby V8 have noticed the CCCUK forum (and Vette News) are supposed to be the main source of information for members - the Facebook pages (bearing in mind that many users are not actually paid-up CCCUK members) should be a secondary line of communication for CCCUK members.
I'm afraid that there is a 'mindset' from a number of CCCUK members that Facebook is the 'be all' and 'end all' of all social media interaction and do not (or rarely) use this forum usually stating something to the effect "forums are dead, no one uses them any more, FB is easier to use, its the way to go, etc, etc, blah, blah,".
One only needs to look at other car forums to perhaps challenge that view - Pistonheads (just one example), is always very busy.
For a forum to be active people need to use it, contribute and get involved with topics otherwise it'll just die...........
The FB pages are there to help encourage new and existing Corvette owners and enthusiasts to become full 'joined-up' members and join the CCCUK.
Rich Rogers regularly posts on FB and encourages users to become full members - not sure of the conversion rate for new CCCUK members from Facebook.

Vette Drivin' Vader

CCCUK regional rep
Derek/Bobby and all members who use this forum, please accept my sincere apologies for not posting the link to tickets for The Nationals on here, it is my responsibility as Nationals organiser and my oversight that it did not happen. I did send out an email to all members with the link and I did, indeed, put it on Facebook as that is my main way of seeing information/questions etc about/from the CCCUK, as I rarely use the website I completely forgot to ensure the link went on here. I can assure you this is was a genuine oversight, not a deliberate act, as there is no benefit in deliberately alienating or upsetting club members and was certainly not my intention. I hope my apology appeases those who have been upset by my mistake. Julian Maxfield, Nationals Organiser. 07720 389480

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
(y)I wasnt upset Julian, just confused :)

My tickets X2 (i believe you book two if two in car) are booked.
This appears to me to be a Covid Compliance measure instigated by the Sharnbrook Hotel.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Derek/Bobby and all members who use this forum, please accept my sincere apologies for not posting the link to tickets for The Nationals on here, it is my responsibility as Nationals organiser and my oversight that it did not happen. I did send out an email to all members with the link and I did, indeed, put it on Facebook as that is my main way of seeing information/questions etc about/from the CCCUK, as I rarely use the website I completely forgot to ensure the link went on here. I can assure you this is was a genuine oversight, not a deliberate act, as there is no benefit in deliberately alienating or upsetting club members and was certainly not my intention. I hope my apology appeases those who have been upset by my mistake. Julian Maxfield, Nationals Organiser. 07720 389480
Julian Thank you - it is no big deal, because you did in fact advise everyone by email, that in itself should be good enough, but what I have picked up from your post concerns me from the Club perspective, and is certainly not directed at you but any Representative of the Club posting Event information on FB

Please look after the Club and this important medium of the Forum first - Post it here and then go onto FB with a link to the full info of the Event on this Forum

The assets of the Club are its Members, Management, Magazine and this Forum - We should all look after them all, to maintain the prosperity of the Club that we all enjoy

Julian whilst posting - Thank you for organising our most important Club day of the year, can not be easy and will have been made difficult by Covid and then complicated even further by the moving dates of de-restriction - THANK YOU

Last edited:

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
No apology required Julian. Looking forward to my first Nationals. One question please. I have booked for the show on Sunday. Does this cover passengers as well as there was no option for amount of people in the car? I did notice that for non members the cost was including all passengers?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
No apology required Julian. Looking forward to my first Nationals. One question please. I have booked for the show on Sunday. Does this cover passengers as well as there was no option for amount of people in the car? I did notice that for non members the cost was including all passengers?

I wasnt too sure about that but figured i would try selecting 2 from the drop down menu and it gave me 2 tickets.
Try going back and booking a 2nd time using your membership number again.

Roscobbc

'Tough job.....but someone has to do it' - many thanks to Julian our nationals organiser for making sure that the 2021 Nats is going ahead.
I'd like to thank Julian for his efforts in making this years event actually happen (following the Covid situation)
As with all committee postions one has to juggle daily life with the requirements of the respective committee role and its associated duties.
No doubt a number of members will struggle with having the neccesary time to fulfill a committee role. We do need to remember that without a committee the club would struggle to exist in its current format. If you have been wondering about taking-on a committee role now perhaps is the time to consider applying for one of the positions.
All committee members 'stand down' at the AGM, and a 'new' committee is 'voted-in' for the following club year. All positions are available to all members (subject to certain conditions). Some of our 2020-2021 committee members may not be standing for re-election. Others I'm sure will be very happy to see members with perhaps specific skills take one of the roles on. I was editor for a number of years, latterly chairman and throughly enjoyed my time on the committee and hving an influence on the CCCUK's future.
If you have an interest in aplying for a committee roles at the AGM please contact our chairman Rich Rogers for further information.

Rich

Administrator
Crikey.......I disappear for a few days touring Wales in the C*****o and I miss all this!
I am the main Committee member using the website, but that will change after the AGM. I visit the site 5 or 6 times a day to check all is well.
As Ross says, all Committee positions are up for grabs but I have had to be a little proactive and Secretary will make a full set. It's a relatively simple role but gets you onto the Committee where you can make a difference.

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Crikey.......I disappear for a few days touring Wales in the C*****o and I miss all this!
I am the main Committee member using the website, but that will change after the AGM. I visit the site 5 or 6 times a day to check all is well.
As Ross says, all Committee positions are up for grabs but I have had to be a little proactive and Secretary will make a full set. It's a relatively simple role but gets you onto the Committee where you can make a difference.
Hope you had a good time Rich there's some great roads in Wales 😀