Florida Gas

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Who would have ever thought gas in FL would be over $5 a gallon. No wonder all my friends are crying.
This chaps sign says it all.
C0D64064-5FBC-4DDF-AFFB-7952154FD9AE.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
One friends off to Atlanta on Friday from Miami. a round trip of 1500 miles. He will use 100 gallons just there and back. He gets 15mpg on the highway.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
And this will not help the gas-engined haters :

Ford has instructed its dealers to temporarily stop selling the Mustang Mach-E due to a potential safety issue, according to a notice to dealers seen by CNBC.

In the notice, issued Monday, Ford said that the problem may affect more than just new vehicles, including Mustang Mach-Es produced between May 27, 2020, and May 24, 2022, at its Cuautitlan plant in Mexico. According to a recall notice filed with NHTSA that Ford shared with Carscoops, the upcoming action will affect 48,924 vehicles in the U. S.

The problem stems from a potential overheating of the Mustang Mach-E’s high-voltage battery main contactors caused by DC fast charging and repeated open pedal events. Per the recall notice, overheating could lead to arcing and deformation of the electrical contact surfaces. That may cause the contactor (which is an electronically controlled switch) to remain open or weld closed and could result in a loss of propulsion while driving

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
One friends off to Atlanta on Friday from Miami. a round trip of 1500 miles. He will use 100 gallons just there and back. He gets 15mpg on the highway.

As to those ole gas guzzlers
Here you might want to look at many old Corvettes and Camaros on the auction block the 25th of this month
Scroll down that page a bit

Auction

Roscobbc

My 200 mile round trip to next months Nats (at a conservative 15/16 mpg) I estimate will cost £135 at todays gas prices.......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My 200 mile round trip to next months Nats (at a conservative 15/16 mpg) I estimate will cost £135 at todays gas prices.......
That’s quite a lot, I think people will think twice now about running them. Every now and then is fine, but if you can’t use it how you want to use it ?
Only time will tell. The upside is that the “classic” is not a every day car. It’s totally for pleasure days.
I was fortunate enough to use “yanks” every day in my youth. Just took it for granted. Looking back now I was very fortunate to be able to drive the cars I’ve always loved every day.

Roscobbc

Its not totally about the cost of fuel (and even whether you can afford it or not)......its more about the logic and rights and wrongs of it all. There are future significant lifestyle changes going to happen for many people....

Corvette

Well-known user
Repect to the cccuk club member who is in Europe this week touring in his 1933 Cadillac V12. When he got to Germany car had drunk 210 litres super and 13litres of oil. Many more miles to go at 7mpg. You only live once.

Roscobbc

Put some of Esso's finest in the Vette tonite en-route to the Essex regional meeting - so Esso Synergy Super Unleaded 99 octane - £2.05.4p per litre - so £9.24 a gallon.......🤬

Roscobbc

Keep forgetting that a US gallon is smaller than UK gallon. Car with 20 US gallon tank is 16.65 gallons Imperial

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It doesn’t look too bad at say £1 = $1:19, but at the pretty stable rate of a few years ago at £1 = $1:4O, our price compared to yours was horrendous.