Florida Gas

SESH

CCCUK Member
To be honest I have decided against going to the Nationals with my Big Block this year as it will cost near on £230 solely for fuel round trip, taking into account 10 mpg (imperial) and over £2.00 per litre for premium unleaded E5. Works out about £9.30 per Imp Gallon. Which is about $11.40 even at todays exchange rate. With everything else that's a very expensive day out for one.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
To be honest I have decided against going to the Nationals with my Big Block this year as it will cost near on £230 solely for fuel round trip, taking into account 10 mpg (imperial) and over £2.00 per litre for premium unleaded E5. Works out about £9.30 per Imp Gallon. Which is about $11.40 even at todays exchange rate. With everything else that's a very expensive day out for one.
I think this is something many owners of American cars will now be faced with. The cost of actually using them .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
As of Today in the USA

aaa.jpg

National average gas prices​

RegularMid-GradePremiumDieselE85
Current Avg.$5.009$5.397$5.694$5.786$4.309
Yesterday Avg.$5.014$5.396$5.693$5.780$4.335
Week Ago Avg.$4.970$5.332$5.624$5.740$4.305
Month Ago Avg.$4.483$4.845$5.132$5.566$3.850
Year Ago Avg.$3.075$3.422$3.692$3.217$2.584

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Hope you're not putting that in the Corvette :)
Hopefully not. In all my years of driving, once I started to use Diesel cars as well as petrol, I’ve only ever put just over a gallon of petrol into a diesel car before I realised. Fortunately it was petrol into diesel so no damage. Just filled up with diesel and away I went. Had it been the other way, no starting the motor, and tank cleaned out.
it is easily done sometimes, especially if you drive using both fuels ( hopefully not at once)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s gotta be hurting people. California is a BIG state and many people have to do a lot of miles for various reasons. That applies to the US as a whole.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Still seem cheap when you think we are nearly at 9quid
It is, but the US has always had cheap gas, something that the UK never had. Yes it might have been a reasonable price, but it was never cheap.
In FL when Trump was in power some 18 months ago, gas was $1.80, it’s now $5:20. That’s nearly three times as much. They are really hurting as many have no option to the miles they need to do each week. I suspect smaller cars will be in great demand and the guzzlers will be on the floor. Just like the last time. Chrysler folded as such by it. “ that thing got a hemi” days are long gone.