From Where to Purchase ??

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Barry , have you found out if the passenger window problem is the motor or not ? If motor is ok it may just be the drive mechanism and could be repairable . Might be worth a try while waiting for a new one to arrive in December .

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I dont suppose you can say where you got the duff ones from (to rule them out) without falling foul of the moderators on here.
As Chuffer said, everything is made in China these days.. there is a big difference between modern factory China and cottage industry China but theres no way of knowing which one youre getting.
Im surprised that RockAuto dont appear to stock them. Also had a look at US Automotive but as expected no joy.
Is this not something that CK would stock? (subject to not having got the first ones you bought from there).
Thank you for looking Derek

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Barry , have you found out if the passenger window problem is the motor or not ? If motor is ok it may just be the drive mechanism and could be repairable . Might be worth a try while waiting for a new one to arrive in December .
Not yet Mike cheers - It is a brand new motor, I bought two at the same time, the Driver's one failed on leaving the garage, so this is a likely candidate but I will get the replacement before I take the Vette to get it sorted, just in case it proves to be the motor - So it is sorted there and then, without any further hassle

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Ordered Window Motor by telephone from Zip In Stock 13.08.21 plus plate and Gear Bushing $99.97 "Ok go for the expedited delivery $123.09" - "Where is my Order?, ditto ditto ditto" - "New Rules for Vat due to UK changes, "we need the system to cope with the changes we should have it in 12 to 16 weeks this is because it is a small order under $185.00 " - "Ok send me a Bag and two of those Caps" now well over $200.00 I want two matching Caps, I find there is only one in the consignment (one is no good to me)

I am still waiting for UPS to turn up with the delivery - I have paid the £73.60 Fees and the Tracking says:
The driver was unable to collect funds on the delivery attempt, and again and again on another day - NO ONE HAS BEEN TO DELIVER AND I HAVE PAID THEIR FEES and they have the correct address

Zip are primarily a Distribution Company
UPS are a Delivery Company

They are both Customer orientated - Covid and Brexit have left the planet with issues

Last edited: