Grand Tour

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've been on these forums for a few years now and I'd always heard bits about how the C3 on Sosage was "not very well done", and the owner wasn't happy. But I didn't know the story. Curiosity wanted me to find out, but ultimately, none of my business. So it is interesting now, a few years on, to hear some of the details. Thanks :)

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
And things are not as they are portrayed....They made a big deal about how they had successfully fixed the auto gearbox which wasn’t changing properly. The truth was that during the “reveal and test drive” the car was actually stuck in first gear -Their fix hadn’t worked at all. A new ‘box was eventually fitted.

mickn

CCCUK Member
Yeah, it was an alright day.... except my starter motor chose that EXACT day to play up. Just gutting though that you put in all that effort, and like you experience, you car is not really shown on screen. Why bother?
This has reminded me of another time the BBC used my car for a feature on oil exploration and drilling on mainland Britain. We had to meet at a small oil drilling site north of Chichester, Matthew Allwright, him of Rogue Traders, was to drive my car with the 'Dallas' theme playing as an intro to the show. Following a bit of filming here we then left for a small village, Box Hill possibly, near Dorking where the locals were protesting about a potential drilling site being set up. On the way one of the exhaust boxes at the rear fell off, I thought the car sounded better but the missus didn't agree.:rolleyes: Had a nice lunch in the local pub, paid for by the BBC and Matthew Allwright seemed quite a decent bloke, some interesting Rogue Trader tales.

Rob59C1

Administrator
Hi guys, I've just had an update from Matt at the Grand Tour. So anyone who responded initially should be hearing something in a while.
Hi Rob,
Thank you for all that information that’s really useful. I actually moved onto a different project until Christmas but returned here in the New Year. I think due to that late change for the location they had to push it back. I will have confirmation on a new location today so once I have that I will be in touch with the cars we like and I will certainly try to reply to everyone that got in touch saying thanks. I received a lot of cars and they all look amazing, the Corvette community is very strong!
Regards,
Matt
MATT HART
Assistant Producer
The Grand Tour – Streaming now on Amazon Prime!

Grand Tour Productions LTD.
8b Ledbury Mews North
Notting Hill
London W11 2AF
M: 07946767402