Hello, just joined, looking for a C5 or C6.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
So if I purchase the OBD you suggested a couple of pages back, I should be able to find a readout like on the right, and if the numbers are the same, then it's all up to date?

NO, unless the scanner has that function, which most do not report controller code segment IDs

Either a Tech-II (which some repair shop or dealer would have )
or like the tuning flash tool you would get from me can read and report the code segment ID numbers
You do need just so you know what software updates were in fact done as some were TSBs and other for recalls.

The OBD-II scanner I suggest is what allows scanning and recording how well or poor your engine is functioning and if any DTCs are tripped

I have suggested in the past if CCCUK has enough members who have C5s and newer is to buy OBD-II scanner and tuning flash tool and then share/rent to members when needed

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Oh, and so understood
as an example, if looking at the software updates for the PCM I posted above, again 8 total code segments

You notice the newest update for the main operating system shown in updates page above is 12613186
where the 05 C6 I show what levels of code segments you see that 1. OS version is 12598983
The larger the numbers are, the newer the GM software update is
so you can see for the 05 C6 I looked at you see the number is lower so that means that 05 C6 did NOT have the newest update for 1. OS

You then compare the other code segments with the software updates GM shows and then know if and what updates, fixes your 05 were done or not.

csegmentspcm.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
GO here for more details

I pointed the URL to a website directly to the 2005 model year C6
At the top of that page, you can click on each section to get details or
at the left, click on each to get all details of TSBs, recalls, complaints, etc for your model year

05 C6 details

At the least make sure if you can any safety or other recalls were done and best is if all controllers had the software updates done
and if not which ones

mcbev

New user
Hi guys,
It’s my Corvette that Linton has purchased, I did join and post years ago when I got her, but it’s been so long that my username doesn’t seem to be valid anymore.

Just as an initial point to those doing a car fax, it’ll be blank as she’s an original UK car sold new from Stratstone Chevrolet UK.

It’s a very sad day selling my Vette and one that I didn’t want to come, but I have to be head over heart and sell her to help start my business. I’ve been lucky enough to have and own many great cars, but nothing has ever come close to how much enjoyment this car has given me and I will be back in a Vette one day, in fact one of my prerequisites in selling to Linton is that I get first refusal if/when the day comes that he decides to sell😊.

That being said, I’m very happy that she’s going to a great owner that I know is going to look after her, I can assure you that if I didn’t get a good feeling from a prospective buyer, I would have refused to sell(I actually did this with the one other car I was emotionally attached to).

She is a truly loved example, although I am having the front bumper resprayed for Linton as my European road trips have taken there toll with stone chips and also having the roof panel resprayed due to some lacquer peel on the drivers edge.

I won’t post pics of the car as I don’t know if Linton would want me to, but to confirm the mods, they are:

Borla Stinger exhaust with X-Pipe
Callaway Honker Intake
C7 Carbon ‘ZR1 style’ front lip, skirts and rear lip in carbon fibre.
B&M Short shifter
2008+ centre console trim
Tinted windows
Plus a few other other trim bits.

Any questions you have about the car that you feel would be important for Linton then please ask away.

Also, for the US members, with it being a UK car, it came standard with the Z51 and 3LT pack.

Thanks

Marc

Just to add, I’m not aware of any outstanding recalls, but if for any reason there are, then with it being a UK car, it should be no issue having them rectified, although I will give them a call next week to check.

Last edited:

JetJock

CCCUK Member
Finally, after viewing, driving and agreeing a deal over a month ago, tomorrow I collect "Fast Red", a 60,000 mile, manual, 05 C6 and drive it home to the Highlands.
Guess the colour! :)
A used vehicle is always something of a gamble, but I think the combination of service history, plus 5 years ownership and fastidious preparation by current owner Marc, added to the warranty offered (he's selling it through his new business), justify a cautious optimism on my part.
As back up, I live well within my means, so if the luck goes against me, I can, up to a point, gulp and pony up for any "unscheduled rapid disassemblies" that occur... Here's hoping that won't happen though.
As for the drive home: thank goodness for cruise control - a car like this will be very careless of one's licence on a long run without it, I think.