Is this C3 for me?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Nope but would that be a bargain?
The trouble with doing any work on an old car is the Expense if you can’t do the work yourself, which the majority of us can’t.
When people talk about a respray costing 10-12k on a C3 corvette. Wow. Suddenly your 10k buy is now 20k . Makes me laugh when I see adds saying “ could use a respray” that takes all of 20 seconds to write/type but can cost 10k.
It’s all about the numbers.

Last edited:

L303

Busy user
The trouble with doing any work on an old car is the Expense if you can do the work yourself, which the majority of us can’t.
When people talk about a respray costing 10-12k on a C3 corvette. Wow. Suddenly your 10k buy is now 20k . Makes me laugh when I see adds saying “ could use a respray” that takes all of 20 seconds to write/type but can cost 10k.
It’s all about the numbers.
Yeah I had ruled out a respray after I saw the figures. I would live with the colour and condition - unless I was completely in love with it 10-15 years on. Majority of mechanicals would have been ok to sort (just cost of parts + time) as my other half restores his cars (and probably secretly loved the idea of tinkering with a big dirty V8) but frame/cage issues nope I'd have to send it to be fixed 🤑

Roscobbc

Nope but would that be a bargain?
'Bargain' is a very subjective word..........could be........thing is, different people have differing ideas of bargains. Buddy of mine was given a '75 Vette by a friend, similar spec' to the one you were intersted in.......lucky guy. Still needs a bundle being spent though!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
'Bargain' is a very subjective word..........could be........thing is, different people have differing ideas of bargains. Buddy of mine was given a '75 Vette by a friend, similar spec' to the one you were intersted in.......lucky guy. Still needs a bundle being spent though!
Nice Gift, much better than a pair of socks. 😂😂