Last time you were in America? / General chat threadšŸ¤£

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Oh well , at least if you pick up another dent on narrow Welsh mountain roads it might not upset you so much . You can get them all repaired as a job lot . :LOL:
I could, but being as the car is from 2007 and technically isn't worth much, I can't be bothered. I rarely see the dent, so I forget its there. To be fair to the TURBO (diesel) Focus, its actually not a bad car for getting around in and is quite comfortable. Cheap to run and goes ok, and the main thing is I really don't mind what happens to it that much so I use it for trips to the tip and so forth. It just keeps on going despite the abuse it gets.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Too bad you did not have your Corvette there, so you could have run at the Bonneville Salt Flats :)

2 guys who belong to Team ZR-1 are addicted to running there for many years now and once starting this people just cannot
quit trying to go faster and always broke in doing this :)

Imagine doing 150 MPH on salt with a motorcycle !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Too bad you did not have your Corvette there, so you could have run at the Bonneville Salt Flats :)

2 guys who belong to Team ZR-1 are addicted to running there for many years now and once starting this people just cannot

Yeah , would have been really cool to run the Vette on the Salt Flats . I was blown away by the sheer expanse of the flats as we looked down on them on the flight from Salt Lake City to Calispel . I certainly wouldn`t fancy 150 mph on salt with a bike ! I remember how squirely my Triumph Dolomite Sprint felt at only about 70 mph on the hard sand of a long and deserted beach at low tide . :eek: And that was on 4 wheels !

Andy J

CCCUK Member
Andy if you do get to Dallas contact me as I am like 30 miles east of that and will give you a ride in my 500 HP C5
and promise not to go over, like 150 MPH :)
I will totally take you up on that. My daughter is currently in Greenville just east of Dallas but she does like to move around!

Roscobbc

Something that has always fascinated and intrigued me. Fascinated for the dedication and speeds attained - Intrigued by how they get the gearing to enable the speeds. Much the same fascination with the 'privateers' who were running supposedly de-tuned L88 powered Vettes at Le Mans (before chicane was installed in Mulsanne Straight) in the early '70's with 200+ mph recorded speeds.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Something that has always fascinated and intrigued me. Fascinated for the dedication and speeds attained - Intrigued by how they get the gearing to enable the speeds. Much the same fascination with the 'privateers' who were running supposedly de-tuned L88 powered Vettes at Le Mans (before chicane was installed in Mulsanne Straight) in the early '70's with 200+ mph recorded speeds.
Not mention having b**ls of steel too ! :LOL:

Andy J

CCCUK Member
Sounds great , I hope you finally make it . It`s long time to be separated from family . I have also done a road trip up the eastern seaboard through Salem and Kenny Bunkpbunkport from Boston up through New England in the fall which was stunning and back via the Green Mountains and Northampton named after my UK hometown and down to Cape Cod . But it`s roads like this , scenery like this , View attachment 13955View attachment 13956View attachment 13957and riding through the plains with herds of buffalo that`s calling me back to Montana and Wyoming . Jeez its big country ! :)
Ive been to a few places out there. My ex's sister moved out there years ago. We visited when she was in Amish country in Pennsylvania. Loved it there it was great seeing the horse drawn buggies everywhere.
Then they moved to Maine so we went there. Her husbands family have a huge place at Cape Cod so we spent a few days there too messing about on their boat.
Then they moved to Lavon just outside Dallas. My kids both went out there for the summer when they left school before starting college. My youngest liked it so much she moved out there permanently. She was living in Wylie just outside Dallas, about 2 mins drive from Collins Brothers Jeep if anyone watches Dennis Collins on youtube. So i visited there!
She married a local boy out there, he joined the army and got posted to Fort Carson in Colorado Springs... so i visited there!
They split so she moved to Greenville just outside Dallas... Not been there yet! But soon.