LT1 finned rocker covers

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi all, does anyone have a pair, or know of a supplier of the LT1 style finned alloy rocker covers? There are polished ones available but I would like them in the original grey anodised( or was it painted) finish. TiA ๐Ÿ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I polished mine on both LT-1's as they're a bugger to clean and keep clean in the original finish. The correct ones have the 710 rubber plug and drippers but I have a set on the shelf which could be '72 LT-1 when they went to a twisty metal cap20181108_155539_resized.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I polished mine on both LT-1's as they're a bugger to clean and keep clean in the original finish. The correct ones have the 710 rubber plug and drippers but I have a set on the shelf which could be '72 LT-1 when they went to a twisty metal capView attachment 19758
Hi mr C , are they a spare set you may consider selling? What is the finish? Are they polished or need to be polished.? I was told mine are actually fitted on the wrong sides as my oil filler is on the passengers side ? Any pics would be handy. . Yours look very nice polished I must say. 07812571262 ๐Ÿ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Oil fill on drivers side but I doubt it makes any difference. Will snap a pic of the spares I have later and yes they can be bought

I have a ton of '71 & '72 spares I need to off-load

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
No my parts stash is mostly dress up items - shielding, window felts, chrome door handles... Spent 10 mins on one and it's about a 8.5 with some small blemishes and needs the little sticker / logo. No damage and the mating surface is true

Attachments

• 20221031_175950.jpg
    20221031_175950.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221031_180005.jpg
    20221031_180005.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 13

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
No my parts stash is mostly dress up items - shielding, window felts, chrome door handles... Spent 10 mins on one and it's about a 8.5 with some small blemishes and needs the little sticker / logo. No damage and the mating surface is true
thanks for pics,
I have a new logo in stock that gavin got for me. . If they are both that good I would be happy and can work on them some more. Did you have a price in mind ? I am missing the front drivers side plug wire chrome shield , your door handles , are they inner or outer? My outerโ€™s โ€˜have thin and dull plating, i have a loose and wobbly window winder handle on the drivers door ๐Ÿ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
thanks for pics,
I have a new logo in stock that gavin got for me. . If they are both that good I would be happy and can work on them some more. Did you have a price in mind ? I am missing the front drivers side plug wire chrome shield , your door handles , are they inner or outer? My outerโ€™s โ€˜have thin and dull plating, i have a loose and wobbly window winder handle on the drivers door ๐Ÿ‘
The reason you're missing the front drivers side shield is it's the worst one to install and has to be done from under the car working 'backwards' and with an inspection mirror. Any mechanics working on them will chuck it the bin and claim 'it was always missing..'

I have two new outer door handles bought from Claremont but never used as I managed to fix the one's on the car and the spark plug shield. I'll dig them out

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The reason you're missing the front drivers side shield is it's the worst one to install and has to be done from under the car working 'backwards' and with an inspection mirror. Any mechanics working on them will chuck it the bin and claim 'it was always missing..'

I have two new outer door handles bought from Claremont but never used as I managed to fix the one's on the car and the spark plug shield. I'll dig them out
excellent, you have a good inventory of parts , I will see what else I need. my handles all work but the chrome is a bit lack lustre, are they a bit of a fiddle to fit ? or dooable by an old duffer with a first class honourโ€™s in muppetry?๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
thanks for pics,

All minty fresh apart from my dusty finger prints that is..

Attachments

• 20221101_181935_resized.jpg
    20221101_181935_resized.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221101_182040_resized.jpg
    20221101_182040_resized.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221101_182211_resized.jpg
    20221101_182211_resized.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 14

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
That clock looks cool :cool:
It will when it gets the tyre kindly provided by mr Cricket๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ it is special to me also as it was the clock from my late dadโ€™s antique shop with his name on it. Other wise I would have added chevy crossed flags to the face. ๐Ÿ‘

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
It will when it gets the tyre kindly provided by mr Cricket๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ it is special to me also as it was the clock from my late dadโ€™s antique shop with his name on it. Other wise I would have added chevy crossed flags to the face. ๐Ÿ‘
anyone suggest a good make of valve cover gaskets that are good fit, read a few of reports of too big and leaky ones even in felpro and other good makes. ?๐Ÿค”