LT1 finned rocker covers

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
My LT 1 valve covers arrived today ( Thank you Mr C) πŸ‘ and after a quick polish to low bling level I think they will lift my engine bay just enough. I note they have drippers inside ,This made me wonder that as my old covers are fitted on the wrong side , the drippers would not have been dripping the oil onto the rocker gear in the best spot. There again , I believe not all covers come with drippers so maybe its not important. Maybe the LT 1 covers have them due to that motor having a solid lifter cam over a hydraulic set up on the base motor ?
Looking forward to getting in there to fit them. Thanks for all the input πŸ‘170C72FB-06DA-4CB0-84C8-6BCEC1EF0DEC.jpegED90D053-BD8D-4B64-82DC-DC93AECDA616.jpegED90D053-BD8D-4B64-82DC-DC93AECDA616.jpegED90D053-BD8D-4B64-82DC-DC93AECDA616.jpeg

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Doesn't look like you've fitted the front spark plug shield yet? Mine still has the SMOG stuff fitted creating additional obstructions meaning the only way for me to fit that one on mine is from underneath with a torch, telescopic mirror and a large supply of profanities and band aids..

Yours looks pretty clear in that area

SPI.PNG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Doesn't look like you've fitted the front spark plug shield yet? Mine still has the SMOG stuff fitted creating additional obstructions meaning the only way for me to fit that one on mine is from underneath with a torch, telescopic mirror and a large supply of profanities and band aids..

View attachment 20835
I have all of those things you refer to in my tool kit Stuart . Getting a bit low on band aids but no shortage of profanities ! :ROFLMAO:

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member

View attachment 20835
yes I had a look at mine but I don't seem to have any bracketry to fit it to so will need to chase that up. I am saving the door handle job also til the mood tjes me πŸ‘

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
yes I had a look at mine but I don't seem to have any bracketry to fit it to so will need to chase that up. I am saving the door handle job also til the mood tjes me πŸ‘

That would have been a previous mechanic took them off and chucked them in the bin so he / she didn't have to fit the shield. Even more of a buggeration then as they use two exhaust manifold bolts and they're a bind to get lined up to fit the shield. Have fun :ROFLMAO: