Music

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just got home from seeing The Classic Rock Show in concert . My ears are still ringing !! Seen thm before and are awesome . A 9 piece band in total with three vocalists , one female . They did Van Halen , Aerosmith , Deep Purple , Led Zeplin , Eagles , Boston , AC/ DC , ZZ Top , Who , Lynard Skynard , Pat Benatar . Queen and many more . Plus an awesome rendition of Bat Out of Hell as tribute to the recently departed Meat Loaf . , Look them up you won`t be dissapointed . Go see them if you can they are on tour around the UK and you will be treated to a night of all the great rock classics . 🤘

Roscobbc

Sorry fella's - RIP Meat Loaf, and yes a great singer but I really can't abide his Bat out of Hell........reminds me of a glitzy 1980's American musical film.......sorry

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sorry fella's - RIP Meat Loaf, and yes a great singer but I really can't abide his Bat out of Hell........reminds me of a glitzy 1980's American musical film.......sorry
Well it was a bit camp rock after all , but do agree that it wore on my nerves being played so much back in the day .

Roscobbc

Well it was a bit camp rock after all , but do agree that it wore on my nerves being played so much back in the day .
Its one of those songs that is so, so far past its 'sell by' date you have to turn the radio off..........or you'll smash it to bits. I can think of others - like the Xmas song by Slade, a few songs by Oasis and others........

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Good choice.

Colin Earl, keyboard player and brother of long term Foghat drummer Roger Earl, lives just down the road from us and is a big Lancia fan - which is how I met him. An uncle of mine used to run a Lancia Flavia and Colin Earl has a couple of them. Very nice. Anyway, Colin kindly presented me with Foghat's "Last Train Home" album on which he played. He'd previously guested with them,

Audio track here from the Last Train Home album,

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Regarding Mr Loaf, I could never tire of "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" - sung by Ellen Foley.
All revved up with no place to go.... :)

Ellen Foley CDs sell for silly money these days.
I guess you C3 boys are still playing 8-track cartridges. :)

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I don't mind admitting I like a bit of Meatloaf and played Bat out of Hell and Dead Ringer on the day he croaked. For me though it's more about Jim Steinman who died last year. Yes it's all theatrical but they're all story's of which some can resonate with us as with Paradise by the Dashboard light. We've all been there..

Bad for Good is one of Jim's that still gets played here now and then as is Pandora's Box another collection of Jim's work all performed by female artists

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Many years ago I used to listen to Johnny Walker on Radio 1. He introduced me to the Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan etc, enjoyed their music ever since. Prior to that I loved Motown & soul, moving on to James Brown & in the last few years I've got into the blues of Muddy Waters & Junior Wells. Among many others I've seen the Temptations twice, B.B. King three times, the last time supported by John Mayall.
DVD's I can recommend are: Cadillac Records - the story of Chess Records in Chicago. The Dukes Of September - Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, Michael McDonald of the later Doobie Brothers, & Boz Scaggs. Great performances, but especially Beyoncé as Etta James in Cadillac Records.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Many years ago I used to listen to Johnny Walker on Radio 1. He introduced me to the Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan etc, enjoyed their music ever since. Prior to that I loved Motown & soul, moving on to James Brown & in the last few years I've got into the blues of Muddy Waters & Junior Wells. Among many others I've seen the Temptations twice, B.B. King three times, the last time supported by John Mayall.
DVD's I can recommend are: Cadillac Records - the story of Chess Records in Chicago. The Dukes Of September - Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, Michael McDonald of the later Doobie Brothers, & Boz Scaggs. Great performances, but especially Beyoncé as Etta James in Cadillac Records

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I have always been into the Doobies and have several CD albums .
`Long Train Running ` is ace . Another band of similar genre from that era is the Little River Band , I discovered them via the late lamented John Peel years ago .

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
I have always been into the Doobies and have several CD albums .
`Long Train Running ` is ace . Another band of similar genre from that era is the Little River Band , I discovered them via the late lamented John Peel years ago .
John Peel was great. One track he would play often was 'Big Boss Man' by Jimmy Reed. You don't have to be into blues to relate to the lyrics, in my case one line reminds me of a former boss - "you ain't so big, you're just tall, that's all". The guy was spineless, but yes he was tall - that's all!