Music

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
For a while I have been compiling a cruising playlist on Spotify for when I have the C3 and have just added that track. Cheers. :cool:(y)

On one hand, I will just want to listen to the Side Pipes, but I also love cruising to music.
For me there is nothing better than driving the Pacific Coast Highway in a Corvette with some great music playing or through some of the fabulous mountain roads of North America which I have been fortunate to do many many times! 🙏

This is a dash cam shot from 2008. :cool:
GC PCH 2008.jpg

If you are interested in my music for driving a Corvette, here is that STINGRAY playlist.
It is added to every week and it is a mix of classics and tracks that are personal to me. 🤟

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Right on the money GCorvette . (y) It`s a if I composed that playlist myself . Except Mott the Hoople - AllThe Young Dudes . Much preferred Mott in the underground prog rock era before Bowie turned them into a pop band . Keep on rockin` . 🤟

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Saturday was a brutal day for me & I posted often here to get me through.

Taylor Hawkins was a dear friend who I first met in 1995. The video below came just 9 months after our first UK London show to 200 people.
I flew Alanis & the guys in on Concorde to this show, the first on our third European leg of the ground breaking Jagged Little Pill tour.

Taylor and I rode the bus together most of the time, discussing drums & drummers and you briefly see me in the pit in front of the stage.

He was a unique powerhouse talent and the funniest & coolest dude I've ever known.

R.I.P my dear friend. 🙏😔😥

Last edited:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Right now, it has to be this! :cool:(y)
I'd just named my C3 'Louie' (after the factory in St. Louis & the test runs to Louisville) and I kid you not, this came on the radio about 10 minutes later!
T'was a sign M'Lord! 😁

So many interesting tales about this track and the controversy, but being a drummer, I love the fact that a missed 'fill' made the drummer swear out loud 🤬 and at 0:53 you can still hear it! 🤣

Roscobbc

Right now, it has to be this! :cool:(y)
I'd just named my C3 'Louie' (after the factory in St. Louis & the test runs to Louisville) and I kid you not, this came on the radio about 10 minutes later!
T'was a sign M'Lord! 😁

So many interesting tales about this track and the controversy, but being a drummer, I love the fact that a missed 'fill' made the drummer swear out loud 🤬 and at 0:53 you can still hear it! 🤣
The very first band I ever went to see were called the Kingsmen (perhaps Kinsmen) - this was a concert at Broxhill School, Harold Hill in perhaps late 1966/early 1977. Don't remember too much about the concert other than the band were fairly well known (in Essex certainly) - doubt if it was the American bunch. Tried searching, but there have been many bands named The Kingsmen over the last 50 odd years......

BigVet

Supporting vendor
Anyone remember the 60's group, The Pretty Things? Believe it or not, they toured for 55 years closing with their Final Bow gig at the 02 in late 2018. As a partner in Dromey Corvettes I had the pleasure of selling several Corvettes to their main promotor, which came with an added bonus. Although their 02 was supposed to be their last performance, we secured a 2 hour acoustic gig at Adrian Dromey's home in Lincolnshire after the band had officially split up. The short link here shows founder members Dick Taylor & Phil May accompanied by blues brother & sister act, Jo & Angelina, knocking out Honey I Need for one last time in Adrian Dromey's lounge.

Sadly Phil May past away a few week after that very special night, but I've no doubt he's still belting them out wherever he is now. Tom, Dromey Corvettes.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Oh yeah ! Was well into The Pretty Things back in the day . What an amazing connection with the band via Dromey`s . Dick Taylors band prior to Pretty Things was Little Boy Blue and had Mick Jagger and Keith Richard in the band when they were all collage kids . Far out man ! 🤟

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Anyone into average white band? 70s jazz.
Oh yes indeedie ! Love the Jazz Funk Bands of that era . `Pick Up The Pieces ` (y) Also very into the Doobie Brothers and got several albums . A lot of their stuff is very Jazz Funk orientated . ` Long Train Runnin ` is just fab.