My C3 restoration....

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
All but one came undone quite easy. I have a load of spares as im replacing most with new parts, for now i have the air con rad, air con motor , all air con stuff and also the spare wheel tray and a spare wheel which i will get listed on ebay at some stage ...for now any of you guys need anything like that please message me.. I am looking for dashtop and dash front where the gauges are, in black if anyone knows or has a good condition one.?.I've just sold the gear box casing .

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
Well I'm very happy with the finish . Looks ace.. little bit of pitting in some places but overall a great job I'd say...

Attachments

• 20210209_123226.jpg
    20210209_123226.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210209_123240.jpg
    20210209_123240.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210209_123248.jpg
    20210209_123248.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210209_123256.jpg
    20210209_123256.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 19

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
(y) I am a big fan of EBC pads and have used them for quite a few years . I used Redstuff pads on my Jaguar XKR and have them on my Grand Cherokee Hemi V8 . Haven`t had to change pads on the Corvette yet but they will be EBC when the time comes .

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
I was introduced to them years ago when racing my MG Maestro in the Maestro Championship...we got plenty of wins using them in the ZR and Midget too. Ebc are a very friendly bunch and supply us with all we need! I hear these C3's don't stop to well so this will be a test!!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well I'm very happy with the finish . Looks ace.. little bit of pitting in some places but overall a great job I'd say...
Just been studying the photos again more closely this time and judging by the depression in the centre of the front cross member under plating , someone has been using it as a jacking point which is the wrong thing to do :(

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
Well the covid got me and the family...thankfully no more than a headache and all over now...
The build is at the stage of waiting for parts... here are some shiny new bits just been delivered..plenty more to follow!

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Image(1).jpeg
    Image(1).jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 12

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
Everyone I speak to has a different experience of covid.. I had proper flu a few years back and that floored me for 2 weeks...
I am just relishing my first proper drive in this Stingray...the anticipation is getting too much!!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Ooh that’s exciting, shiny stuff!!

Glad you’re feeling ok. Same here with the flu it’s the only time I’ve ever been really ill. I lived on my own then, there was one point at about 5pm where I thought I’m going to have to phone an ambulance as there’s going to come a point very soon when I can’t look after myself. Next thing I know it was the following morning!