Newbie Introduction

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
If they had been like that one from new they would have sold approximately zero manuals.. it was terrible.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I can't comment on the standard manual shift, as I've got a Hurst shifter on mine, like Roscobbc said above.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
No doubt in my mind, that gearbox was in need of a rebuild.

Changing the subject... i have a technical question... someone i know has a 1981 C3 (just like mine) but has a number plate on it that includes the number 454... am i going.. sorry, i mean, is he going to hell?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Changing the subject... i have a technical question... someone i know has a 1981 C3 (just like mine) but has a number plate on it that includes the number 454... am i going.. sorry, i mean, is he going to hell?
That depends on whether he has also fitted a 454 engine into it as well :)

As an aside, "Corvette fans not quite in the know" get excited when they see my car as it has the number 434 in the reg plate and think its a big block.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I think you need therapy matey having imaginary friends ! 🤪 Its not a big white rabbit is it ? 🐰 :LOL:.
Going to hell is the last of your worries , you might get Black Balled from the club !!!

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I think you need therapy matey having imaginary friends ! 🤪 Its not a big white rabbit is it ? 🐰 :LOL:.
Going to hell is the last of your worries , you might get Black Balled from the club !!!
Im trying my hardest!.. a Tesla.. a 454 reg plate on a 350... what more do i have to do? :mad::LOL:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I am sure the Chairman will pronounce sentence shortly . (n)
Ive got a Bridgeported IDA carbed Mazda RX7 Vankel (ve have vays of making etc...) Rotary engine sat in the corner of my garage if that helps any? ;)

Edit: Too Late!.. My Membership Card just arrived... No!.. you cant have it back.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ive got a Bridgeported IDA carbed Mazda RX7 Vankel (ve have vays of making etc...) Rotary engine sat in the corner of my garage if that helps any? ;)

Edit: Too Late!.. My Membership Card just arrived... No!.. you cant have it back.
Ahh ! A Vankel ? Very interesting Mr. Bond , ve have vays of making you talk . :LOL:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Ahh ! A Vankel ? Very interesting Mr. Bond , ve have vays of making you talk . :LOL:
Felix W@nkel was a very naughty boy, he was an SS Obersturmbannführer so V(V)ankel is correct (much like Ferdinand Porsche who was an SS Oberführer).
The English pronunciation is of course far more amusing.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Not as naughty as a mate of mine who was cashiered from the Girl Guides when they discovered he was really a Boy Scout in drag ! :oops:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Found this picture on the interweb. I spent two years of my life in the early eighties at college (i would have been there when my Vette was built) learning the old fashioned labour intensive time consuming art of Engineering Illustration which is basically three dimensional technical drawing. Unfortunately i completely failed to see what was coming down the road at me, during those two years new computer software (something that i had zero interest in) completely decimated the profession. I wound up having to take a job as a Graphic Designer in a national company Marketing Dept instead. I have had a love/hate relationship with technology ever since.

C3 cutaway.jpg

Fat Jogger

CCCUK Member
Im trying my hardest!.. a Tesla.. a 454 reg plate on a 350... what more do i have to do? :mad::LOL:
Took mine out for it's first trip for a while last week (it's been in the garage for a couple of years having some love). Went to see a client, and when I parked on his drive his Tesla was facing me.

I think of it as "The Old Guard faced up to the Young Pretender, and tried to stare it down..."

1626292597410.png

Regards,
FJ

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Isn`t there something in the CCCUK constitution banning threads on EV`s ? If not , there should be . :LOL: Maybe something to propose at the AGM . :unsure:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Took mine out for it's first trip for a while last week (it's been in the garage for a couple of years having some love). Went to see a client, and when I parked on his drive his Tesla was facing me. I think of it as "The Old Guard faced up to the Young Pretender, and tried to stare it down..."

Thats quite an old one, probably 2015, you still dont want to get in a race with it though.
Enjoy your Vette, i bet that was great getting out in it after a two year wait.